Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crocheting

I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I've wanted to post for so long and just haven't done it! I don't know if it's possible to catch up, but I'll try. Let's start from the beginning.

My Grandma Leslie has been crocheting afghans for as long as I can remember. I have tried to learn before, but have not wanted it enough to keep it up. Well, this summer I was at their house a lot. Mom told me I should learn and I did! I made an American girl doll afghan! You can crochet so many things! I know how to make afghans, washcloths, toy snakes, hot pads and I could learn so much more! I have a book from the library, but I was hungry for more so Mom ordered a crocheting teddy bears book that I was so excited about, but it turned out to be just patterns and I couldn't understand it. She ordered a kit that comes with more yarn and a book that will definitely work. I can't wait for it to come! Anyway, I've made so many things and Amy has already asked for as many washcloths as I can make. I made a snake for Ruby for her birthday. I don't know how she liked it, but I thought it looked cool. I love crocheting. I can make so many things by just learning one stitch and then it's easy to learn more! I can take it anywhere. I just need a hook and yarn and I'm good to go. Sewing is awesome, but you have to have the machine (hand sewing is just too much work). So, there you have it. I can crochet!

4 comments:

  1. Very good!! I am so glad you are having so much fun with crocheting! Ruby loved the snake. You will probably not hear anything from them. I'm glad your mom is ordering things for you! You are so blessed to have a mom that cares about what you like! love and miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO AWESOME! I can crochet only straight things. And that's so cool you are learning to do more. What an awesome talent. When you learn to do hats you should crochet me a hat for winter! :) I will need it soon enough...ha ha, lucky me! Love you!!!!! Keep up the posting- I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh- that is so exciting! I'm so happy that you have found a hobby that you love and are so good at! I can't wait to receive a wash cloth for...my birthday? hint hint :) hehe. I LOVE crochet washcloths. And I have seen the cutest little shoes and booties for babies, but I have NO idea how hard they are. I don't know anything about crocheting. During chemo I watched a video on how to do it and I just wanted to scream. It was so confusing, so I gave up. You are really talented to be able to do it. I love you and miss you! Keep up the blogging! Hey- I just posted a new building and train to my spooky town for halloween and i just realized, you guys will get to see them in real life finally! YAY! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I tried knitting once, but it hurt my hands so I had to stop. I always wondered if crocheting would work better. You should post pics of your work! luv you!

    ReplyDelete