Monday, November 11, 2013

Something that makes everyone in our house smile...

Except Steve.  In this house we are all pretty obsessed with High School Musical.  All three of them.  Always have been.  We just love them and today when we watched the third one (Senior Year) Mom and I found ourselves talking about the characters and their actions in such depth that you would have thought we were discussing something so much more.  I said, "Aren't we just so amazing, Mom, to find so much meaning in something so cheesy and meaningless?"  We connected how loving and forgiving Troy is.  In the second movie Gabriella and his friends totally got mad at him for taking a new job that payed more than theirs, missing dates and being so successful just cause Sharpay, who has lots of connections, made him so.  In the third one, Gabriella does not tell Troy that she is up for an honors program in college and will have to leave halfway through their senior year, therefore causing her to miss the musical she asked him to do with her and then doesn't come back for prom like she promised, but Troy never gets mad or accuses her of anything.  At one point Mom said, "Troy's my favorite.  Not just because he's the cutest, but because he's so good."  She cracks me up.  Once when we were watching the second movie a few weeks ago (our favorite, btw) and during the last song that Troy and Gabriella perform, Troy would do a particular move, a toss of the head, move of the eyes, or flick of the hand and Mom would go, "I just love it when he does that.  He's so adorable."  She also says that Gabriella doesn't deserve him.  Haha. : )  Of course I agree with her, I'm just not as expressive about it. ; )  These movies are watched very regularly in our household.  The music is also listened to very regularly while we do the dishes.  It's just a constant high school musical here.

So, did that make you smile?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! It's been too long, I need to watch them all again. You guys are right, Troy is the best and he is so good to his friends. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it made me smile and chuckle. I love things that bring a bond in the family. I look back at several things that brought our family close together before they got married as well as after. I love that!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete