Friday, August 6, 2010

I am a published Author!

As you all know I have always liked writing. When we went to Oregon last summer I started a fantasy story. Mom said I worked on it for hours at a time. When we got home progress slowed. Without the inspiration of the ocean I did not work on it as much. Finally one day in September I worked on it for hours and whenever anyone came up to me I said without looking at them, "Leave me alone. I am on a role." Finally I finished it. I called it "Love is Truth."I handed it around and soon it got to my dad. He kept it for over a month and once in a while he would call me and ask me questions like, "This part when you said, blah blah blah... what did you mean by that?" Soon it was February and it was my birthday. Dad took me out to lunch on his lunch break and gave me a present. I opened it and saw three published copies of "Love is Truth." I gaped at it and the only sound I made was a line of repeated gasps. My dad had published them on lulu.com. It had a picture of me on it and everything. I loved it.

Now the only people who have read it are, mom, dad, Danielle, Diane (dad's fiance) one of my mom's friends, my bishop, and our visiting teacher. And there are a whole lot more of you than that. Soooooo, we have set it up so people can buy them. All you have to do is go to lulu.com and search "Love is Truth" and it will come up. Then on the side there will be a button that says "Buy It" or something like that. I am not saying you HAVE to buy it, but if you are anxious to read it and can't wait until we see each other next than you can. This is optional. Buuuuuuut... if you buy it while you are reading it you can say to yourself, "I know the author of this book." How often do you get to do that? Cool huh?

And my dad videoed me singing "You Belong With Me." We just have to figure out how to put it on here. Love you all!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh- that is so exciting! When I get some fun money I will definetly buy a copy! love you! and can't wait to see the video of your singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just WAY excited for the sequel to come out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will go to lulu.com and buy one of those books, I am so happy for you. I will be excited for you to sing. Love you so much hugs and kissis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!!!! I can't wait to read it. I would buy one, BUT I get to live by you soon!!!!! SO I can read it whenever I'm at your new home. I'm so excited for you guys to move here....I can't hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo cool. I am going to go buy it!! I love and miss you!!!I hope you can put your song on the blog, I want to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Aliese. More people are buying your book! Love you.

    ReplyDelete