Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Story of a Homeless Person's Clothes

So, Anna and Gracie do not take care of their clothes. They have been throwing them on the floor so we have a carpet of clothing (which causes sore toes). So, finally yesterday mom said, "Today is 'going through the clothes day.'" So we washed all of the dirty clothes and folded all of the clean clothes. Mom said they can each have 7 summer outfits, 2 winter outfits, 3 church outfits and 2 pairs of pj's. Anna did not take it well. She sat on the couch and cried and cried and said, "That is as many clothes as a homeless person has!" She was a mess. Mom decided that instead of giving the clothes to DI we would just bring them to dad's. That way they would not have to pack when we go there. We would throw one clothing after another to mom and she would hold it up and say, "Dad's or California?" So we piled clothes all over the room, on the couch, in a suitcase and on the piano bench. Dad came over to see us after we had finished and mom asked if he would except all the clothes. He said that this exercise was excellent and that he would only permit 10 outfits, 2 pairs of pj's and 2 church outfits. Anna really hated this. She repeated the temper tantrum on the floor and cried and cried. So, today we are going through the process again to see what to take to dad's. There is the story of the homeless person's clothes.

8 comments:

  1. OH my. This is hilarious. hahhaa. I can just see it. But I do feel bad for her! I would probably feel the same way! I guess it puts your priorities straight (clothes aren't everything)- anyway. seriously. funny story- you told it well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a funny story. However I feel sorry for Anna, as I can truly relate to it. I think I would have a hard time only choosing so many outfits and giving up some of the things I love. Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awful! That is not very many outfits! compared to what she probably origonally had- that woudl be hard for me. but- i have to admit the story was funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny. Sad for Anna, but kind of funny at the same time. = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that was great!! It was so funny, you are such a good writer. Poor Anna, I can just see her. I had a few girls like her that thought they needed TONS of clothes. And like Anna and Gracie they ended up all over the floor. Grandpa hated it, I just said it protected the carpet and it would look brand new when they moved out. And guess what I was right!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post Aliese. Funny, and very accurate. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! That's funny. But I can completely sympathize with Anna. I have completely cried and grieved over giving up clothes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aliese.......... TIME TO POST AGAIN! love you.

    ReplyDelete