Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Everybody!

Well, it's been exactly a week since I posted last so I guess I should post again. Happy Easter! I love Easter. Not just the candy, but I love just everything about it. Not like Christmas. Nothing is like Christmas, but I love the happiness and the bright colors. It's just so fun! Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about the true meaning of Easter. I watched The Lamb of God in Young Women and it really reminded me of how Jesus died for us. I mean, he did more than died for us. In a way dying was the best part because he was relieved of all the pain he was suffering. But all of the pain he went through before he died. Being whipped, a crown of thorns pressed onto his head, nails through his hands and feet. I just can't imagine it. My face is screwing up just thinking about it. I liked the movie until the end when he went through all that pain. I wanted to run out of the room. I am so sensitive to anything that has to do with the body. Diane's home teacher came last week and got to talking about his knee and how something popped off of it and he felt a little dip in the knee. I wanted to run out of the room even more that time! Anyway, I just am so amazed that Jesus would go through all of that for us, for me. It's so amazing. Then he was resurrected! He came out of the tomb and walked again. After all of that pain that killed him he lived and breathed again! I loved that poem that President Monson read at conference. It said at one point, "A tomb cannot hold him. Linen cannot hold him." It had a lot more, but I don't remember anymore. It's just so amazing. He's so amazing and I'm so grateful for him.

Everyone's watching the Little Mermaid in the other room and I can't concentrate. You know the part where Ariel signs the agreement with Ursula and there's a bunch of music in the background. Yeah, that was playing when I was trying to remember the words to that poem. Anyway, I love you all. Happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Aliese, you are so amazing! I love that you know who your Savior is and that you love Him! Amy had a really hard time with that movie also. She had to have a Priesthood blessing after watching it. It took her a long time to get over it. I love how you listened at Conference. I am so grateful you are my grandaughter!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- that made me laugh about the part with Ariel signing that thing- with the music, I can totally imagine the whole thing!

    You are SO awesome. I love hearing your testimony. I'm so happy that you are so righteous and spiritual!

    Side note- I am SO SORRY we couldn't get together. Seriously, I was so bummed and depressed about it. But I'm just way excited for next time cause we'll definitely get together then (as long as no one's sick!):). Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah- that was funny when you talked about the ariel movie in the backround while trying to reember the poem, haha!

    The lamb of god- that is a hard movie to watch. I saw it when I was 12, (i know you're 13) and I had a really hard time with it. It was too hard for me to watch all of it. It took me awhile to be able to watch it again. I'm so glad that it didn't affect you TOO badly like me! And that you were able to still enjoy it and appreciate it. But those scenes are hard. I'm so glad you have such a strong testimony of our savior. It will only continue to grow stronger and deeper the more you study.

    LOVE YOu!!!!!! I was at joanns today and thought of you multiple times- thinking "Ohh Aliese would love that! Oh aliese would love that!" I was wishing you were there with me, so you could look at everything. I have a super joanns :) have you been to one? they have so much more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and am so glad that you are my first great granddaughter. You are so special, and I am so glad you know and love the Savior and what he did for us. It is wonderful to have a testimony or Him and the Atonement at your age. I had a hard time with that movie myself. Hugs and Kisses and thanks for posting Love you soooo much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, those are pretty contrasting feelings- the atonement vs the little mermaid. I love you Aliese. Thank you for your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete