Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WISH

My mom found this really awesome co-op group for home schoolers. It's called WISH. It stands for like, something something Socializing Homeschoolers or something like that. It's five minutes away which is also awesome because we are usually either late or barely on time. Mostly barely on time. There are five hours of classes. It starts at 9, we have lunch from 12-1, and it ends at 3. I take Tutor Time, which is basically just sitting in a room and doing whatever as long as it's quiet. Embroidery is next. That is one of my favorite classes. We started by making a bundle for our embroidery stuff. It's basically a peice of fabric that we fold around the stuff. Heather, my teacher, said we can basically do whatever we want. I'm going to do some kitchen towels next. Then I have Writing Mechanics. We are currently reading Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and writing persuasive essays APA style. I like it more and more every week. After lunch I have Drawing. Heather, the same teacher, is a good artist herself, but uses a book to teach us. It is called Learn to Draw in 30 Days. It's really cool. We've learned about tricks to make the things we draw look more 3D. Like shading and such. We learned how to shade spheres and cubes and last week we turned our cubes into treasure chests. Last I have Life Skills. This is the hardest class to explain. We are basically learning life skills. We've learned about the brain and how to get the best of our brain and we've learned about how everything we do is a strategy to meet some of our needs. I really like it. It's kind of like science but it's not. It's taught by a really cool teacher, too. Even though all of my teachers are good teachers.

I have to go. Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so awesome! You are going to have so many skills. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the description of your day at coop. I knew about some of it, but not the details. I like knowing what you do, it makes me be able to imagine you more clearly in my mind. I need to see people where they are in my mind. I always feel better when I visit my kids after they move, because I need to see them in my mind when I talk to them. Soooo you now know I need to come to your house so I can see you and your family in my mind. I love you so much and miss you. I am so proud of you and the person you have become. Your mother talks about how sweet you are all the time. Thanks again for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I can post this but I will try and we will see. It sounds like you are really growing up into a young woman. I am so proud of you and happy for you that you went to girls camp. It must be hard for you young girls to go off like that for nearly a week. I am glad it was fun for you. They didn't have it when I first joined the church. I think it sounds really wonderful that you get to go to that study group for home schoolers. It sounds like you are learning a lot there and the teachers are nice. I love you so much God Bless You Hugs OOOXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds cool, Aliese! I'm glad you like it so much.

    ReplyDelete