Saturday, May 26, 2012

Catching Up!

Oh my goodness!  It's been so long since I've posted and there's so much to post about!  I'm always thinking about things that I should post and then I sit down and I can't remember them!  So, I'll probably forget something important and not write about a lot of stuff.  But I'll do my best.

School's out!  For Anna and Gracie, anyway.  I have to do math and geography during the summer.  :(  But, I'll survive.  We went to Disneyland to celebrate yesterday, which was really fun.  We brought a friend from WISH and it got kind of crazy towards the end.  She really liked to fall asleep when we were walking (not really, but she wasn't paying attention) and she'd walk into things and people and we'd laugh even though I didn't think it was funny.  And when we were waiting for World of Color we met Jonathon, who you can read about in Mom's last post.  I wanted to buy a cheshire cat stuffed animal, but all of the stores got closed off early because of some special party that night.  But we're going next week with Lindsey, Steve's daughter, so I'll just buy it then.  

I want to crochet a Harry Potter scarf so bad!  I just need to buy the yarn.  I don't know why it is so hard for me to buy things and get things done.  I have been meaning to buy gold paint to paint some frames for my room ever since we moved here and for one reason or another I still haven't bought it.  So, I need to get on that and post a picture when I'm done!

My scripture study has been so much better lately.  This book I've been reading it amazing.  I actually enjoy scripture study.  Because sadly I didn't really enjoy it before.  For a while I just got this really depressed feeling when I thought about scripture study.  And now that I'm reading this book I've realized that it's because I didn't know how to do it.  I mean, there's no right or wrong and everyone does it differently.  But you need some guidance and advice, at least.  The book I'm reading has taught me so many things.  How to use the scriptures for missionary work, how to use the aids (like topical guide ect.), what to look for, about one-liners, about principles and so much more is ahead.  I'm not even half-way through it.  There are some amazing stories about scripture study, too.  It's just amazing how different my scripture study is.  I'm so much more comfortable with them and I really love my scriptures now.  I am so so so grateful for this book.  It has changed my life.  I don't know if it's just because this is the only book about scripture I've read and it's the first one to open the doors or if it really is a really good book.  But it's been really good for me and I love it.

Oh!  I am learning how to play Greyson Chance's Paparazzi on the piano!  Do you remember I posted about him a while ago?  I'm a big fan. :) It's so cool to play it, though.  I was just curious and looked up tutorial videos and found myself trying it out on the piano.  Watching a video is not the best way to learn something to play on the piano; it involves a lot of walking back and forth between the piano and the computer, but it might be better for pop songs.  Because when you use music you get caught up in the teds and jellies and pop just doesn't work very well with it.  But anyway, I'm loving it.  I think I'm going to try to learn how to play another one of his songs, Waiting Outside the Lines, when I'm done with Paparazzi.  Anna and Gracie hate Paparrazzi, now.  I think they liked it before, but now that I've played it so much they really don't like it.  :( Which is kind of sad.

But anyway, I had some pictures to put up, but I can't find my camera!  So, I guess I'll find later and put them up then.  I hope this post was satisfying!  It's kind of random and I'm sure I've forgotten something important, but I posted! :)

1 comment:

  1. great blog! I am so happy about your scripture study. I didn't love my scripture study until I was in college and even more until I got married. I think scriptures are so important. They can fill you up and carry you through the day. Then sometimes you will be doing something and wonder what to do and you will remember what you studied and know what to do! Love them!! I am so glad you are learning fun songs also on the piano. I am sad that you have to do school work in the summer! :-( I hope you don't have to do it all summer! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete