Monday, January 6, 2014

I was doing so good with blogging!  Could have been better, but definitely better than before, but now instagram and facebook has just ruined it.  Facebook clarification: my dad has always wanted me to get one so he can "keep up" with me better, but I've always rebelled because it just seemed like a waste of time to me.  I did not want to get caught up in the whole facebook movement, and guess what?  I didn't.  Facebook was big, I didn't have one, facebook died and I survived through it.  Well when I got an iphone I said, "Dad I don't need a facebook cause I'm just going to use instagram, which is better anyways."  Well, he doesn't know much about instagram, so we ended up trading.  He got an instagram and I got a facebook.  :p I guess I like it to keep in touch with people who don't use instagram, but other than that instagram is far superior.

Aaaaanyway, what should I say?  My new years resolution is to read the scriptures every day.  365 days in a row.  For more goals I'm gonna steal Danielle's birthday goal thing and do 16 things this year, starting next month.  That's so soon!  That's scary.

I'm gonna be in two musicals this spring!  Isn't that so exciting???  I have so many friends that have been in so many and they love it.  And since I love musicals and love to sing I've always wanted to do it, but have been to scared to.  Well, Anna and I took a great leap and signed up to be in the Wizard of Oz in a really good company several friends have been in and loved.  We're hoping to be the crows (who aren't in the movie, just musical performances) that sing during the scarecrow song and the chorus.  The other musical I'm gonna be in is called Schoolhouse Rock.  Which I'm also really excited about cause the director is a friend's mom and that friend is choreographing it.  I don't know this play at all, but I've decided to take another leap of faith and audition for a singing part anyway.  Why not?  I'm gonna sing 16 Going On 17 from Sound of Music and see where it gets me.  This play only has rehearsals once a month and then we take a CD home to help learn the music, so it's low maintenance compared to the other one.

Of course there's the obvious exciting thing, we opened Motordogs!!!  Ultimate of exciting.

This is short and rambly but I'm gonna go ahead and post it anyway. : )

3 comments:

  1. Great goal, and I'm excited to see the 16 things you do! I definitely don't think I'll get all my 25 things done that I listed, but I really think if I hadn't made that list, I wouldn't have done a lot of it! I'm going to do it again this year.

    That is SO exciting about the musicals! I hope you get the parts you want! I bet you will! I'm so happy for you. I would've loved to do that but my high school didn't have that kind of thing.

    I agree instagram is superior to facebook, but facebook has its purposes I guess. I just find some people annoying on there! hehe. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you are doing these plays! My fondest memories, actually really the only good memories in highschool were the plays I did, and choir. So happy for you! Yes it can be scary at times, and nerve racking in the audition process, but it's all worth it once you're up there on stage, feeling the adrenalyn, and hear the applause of people loving your performance! so happy for you! OH- facebook- DIDDO. I think fakcebook is annoying, and love instagram, but my motherinlaw doesn't have instagram :( UGHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on this and it didn't show up!! I love that you are trying out for musicals!! I was in one in High school and I loved it!! I am so proud of you for trying out for a singing role. The more you try the easier it will get . I hate face book. I do use it for Weight watchers and sometimes to see what people are doing, but truth be told I don't really like it.
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete