Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First day of home School

Today we had our first day of home schooling. We started out with an opening prayer. Then, after that, we sung "How firm a Foundation" at the piano. I know... weird way to start the day isn't it? But I guess that is the way we are going to start home school everyday. After that we had personal scripture study. I have some special scriptures that are still the real scriptures except they explain the scripture at the bottom of the page and has highlighted words that they have the definitions for. After that we had 10 minutes of journal time. We don't have to write in our journals exactly, we just have to write something. We can't draw or read. The last thing was organizing. We brought all of the toys down to the basement for our new playroom and brought the books that were on a shelf in the basement upstairs to the living room. It wasn't that bad. The way my mom said it would be it would be work, work, work.

5 comments:

  1. I think that is a GREAT way to start the day! Sounds like a great first day! I'm so excited for you guys. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, I wish that were my school! And I agree with danielle, that is a great way to start the day. By the way- The Heidemans are our neighbors. Amy, Colby and their daughter Ahna. They are also in our ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Aliese, you have posted so much! I had no idea! So much to talk about! Did you go scuba diving? That's amazing! Greg LOVES to scuba dive. Sounds like homeschool is going to be GREAT!!!! I think it's so cool you're writing newspapers! I did that when I was your age! It was called the Arnold Gazette. Well, I love you. Glad you got to see Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy your home school starts that way. I think reading the scriptures is the most important thing I do all day, next would be my journal and then would be my exercises. Although I usually exercise first. I can't wait to see your organized house when it is all done. I bet it will be done when we come for Anna's baptism. I sure had a good time with all of you! I am so glad we got you blogging. You will have to teach Anna now. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and I can't think of a better way to start the day. Hugs and Kisses Nonnie

    ReplyDelete