Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Life at Lizzie's

I came to Lizzie's house on Saturday in the afternoon and have been in paradise ever since. I love it here. Lizzie thanks me for coming every night right after she asks me if I need anything. I get to hold Elle all that I want and I have gotten closer to Tanner and Kate. Kate actually answers me when I ask her questions and loves me just as much as she loves Anna.

Saturday I made the place cards for Thanksgiving dinner and watched a movie after the kids went to bed.

Sunday we went to church and I watched the kids while Lizzie and Shad took naps and helped the kids make a paper tablecloth for the kids table for Thanksgiving. We drew and wrote things that we were thankful for on it.

Yesterday we went to a fairy birthday party for Mila at a park and it was so cute. The girls dressed up as fairies and the boys dressed up as pirates. We ate pizza then the kids went on a treasure hunt around the playground. The treasure was peanut butter cups, rollos (my favorite), chocolate coins and ring pops. The candy (or treasure) was divided into personalized bags then the kids got to paint little fairy houses (bird houses) while on and off some girls face painted things on their cheeks. After that they opened presents, then we left. Through out the whole thing Kate barely said a word and when she did talk it was to say that she was cold. Lizzie says that she is always hot even when everyone else it cold. We were all cold at the party so we didn't think anything was wrong, but we found out we were wrong when we met Shad at a restaurant for dinner later that day. The whole time Kate just laid her head on my lap and nibbled on some bread. Lizzie bought a rudolf book on her phone and it read to her. It was so sad. Lizzie kept saying over and over that if she had known she would be like this she would not have gone out to dinner with us. Tanner on the other hand was very hyper. He was crawling around under the table and getting up and looking around in salute. It was so funny. When we got back and the kids went to bed I organized a kitchen cupboard and wrote names on pieces of fabric to pin to the towels so everybody will know which towels are theirs.

Today I folded the napkins in the way I wanted (surprise), counted out everything we needed for Thanksgiving dinner and pinned the names to the towels. All day Tanner was complaining that he was bored and of course Lizzie could not do anything with him. So, I took him out to ride bikes and I wrote names on cups for the reunion. Now Lizzie is out running errands and I am watching the kids. Elle is asleep and Tanner and Kate are watching Scooby-do so I don't really need to do anything.

That is basically the trip so far. On and off I've played games with the kids and took care of Elle. I'm supposed to leave today, but I am not sure how this trip will end. Love you all and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Aliese it sounds like you are having a great time and that you love being a helper for Lizzie. I bet she really appreciates all of your work. What a wonderful helper you are, I would have loved to have had all of that help when my kiddos were small. I am sorry for all of the help words couldn't think of any others. I bet everything is looking great, and I hope you get to stay for awhile longer. Check out my post, there is some news for everyone and there is an older post also. I love you so much and we hope to see you all sometime this winter. Tell everyone we love them so much, and kiss all of the little ones for me. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did SUCH a good job on the tables! The little cards were perfect, and the decor was perfect, and I LOVED the napkins- I can't believe I forgot to ask you how to do it. I don't knwo how to fold the napkins in special ways. THey looked so cool. I can't believe everythign you did- you must have been exhausted! I'm so glad you were there to help Lizzie to make it easier on her. And I'm glad you became closer to the kids- Love you so much! it was so funt o see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you did so much for Lizzie! I bet she is so grateful you were there. I am so glad you like it at Lizzie's, it must be a nice break! It sounded like so much fun also! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great to have you. We love you so much.

    I had no idea you'd posted so much!!! Since your blog is private, it always looks like it's not updated, so I don't check it....your's and Megans. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete