Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Definition of Chaos

The definition of chaos (in my opinion) is...

Feeling annoyed and mad and sad at the same time. Being in a messy and uncontrolled inviorment. Not knowing where or how anything or anyone is, anymore. Chaos is something that you can feel or be in. It is usually felt when you try to do something that you simply aren't able to do. Or when you don't do something you should do.

Now, the definition of peace (in my opinion) is...

Feeling that everything is alright and better and best. Getting something done that you should have a long time ago. Having love and gratitude fill your whole body. Peace is a feeling that you feel when something bad is over or something bad turns out to be good.

Chaos is something that happens. Everyone goes through it. No one likes it. But it's those moments of pure chaos that open the door to pure peace. If there was no chaos there would be no peace. If there was no bad there would be no good. If Christmas was all year round it wouldn't be so special or grand. It's those not so good moments that bring the really good moments. So, as crazy as it sounds, be grateful for those not moments.

6 comments:

  1. it is true that hard times make us appreciate the good times. I love you so much and I'm sorry you're going through hard times right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! I liked your blog and your anyalysis of the two words and feelings. I agree with you, hard as it is we need to be grateful for the hard times they teach us much. And our self-enduced chaos teaches us to be more organized and to not procrastinate! Love you!!!! I enjoyed our time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have it right, sometimes it is the hardest thing to think correctly when things and life is in a turmoil. I love you and hope you find peace in your life. It is so true, that when we love and serve others we have and find more peace. Great thoughts. Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Aliese, you have a lot of perspective. I just experienced that today. Mylife has been SOOOOOOO CHAOTIC the last month and it was like I couldn't catch a break, and then finally today I did. And like you said . . . peace. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This post is so wise. AND it sounded like a college paper. You are such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete