Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not Much to Say

Well, not much to say, but I suppose I should probably say something.

Last evening I had New Beginnings. We did a Candyland skit where each character from the board game got a value that was taught to the kids going along the colorful path. We turned Lord Licorice into Lady Licorice and we had her tempt the kids like Satan tempts us. It went really well.

Today was a beautiful day, but we didn't really get to enjoy it because both Anna and Gracie are sick. Gracie has thrown up several times and Anna has a bad cold and headache. It is really sad. I hate being sick. It's awful. That is one of the things I am most looking forward to at the second coming. There won't be any sickness or disease. That sounds pretty good to me.

School has been good. I have made myself a rough schedule that helps me know when to do what. I try not to have time schedule so that I don't feel rushed, though. Piano is good. I have been doing better on my pieces and using the metronome. I have been using it a lot lately. I really like piano now that I have finished my flash cards and it is easier to read the music. Before I hated practicing because I had to practice flash cards, too, but now all I have to do is play. I like playing music better than just playing scales and stuff like that. I'm glad that it is easier for me so I like it better. Now I can actually like playing the piano since I'm going to have to do it whether I like it or not.

I hope that everyone is feeling better than we are. Haha! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. ALIESE LESLIE WHY HAVEN"T YOU COMMENTED ON MY SANDIEGO POST YET AND TOLD ME HOW EXCITED YOU ARE TO SEE ME?!!!!!!! Ok- I'm just joking, but I am a little serious :) Maybe you told me in a different comment and I forgot! I love you!- I'm so glad that your schooling is going well- and that you are enjoying piano! It is always so hard to learn something at the beginning, it is so impressive when someone starts an instrument and actually finishes, because it can become very frusterating at the beginning when you're having to learn all the new stuff. We just had our New Beginnings also- the candyland idea sounds cute! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and the fact that you do all of this posting. Such a grown up thing to do. I hope you don't get SICK!!! Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I didn't know you were still doing piano! Really, it's such a good skill to learn even if you don't turn out like your mom or close to it. There have been proven facts about people who learn piano...that they excel in subjects like math, and that they are better in school in general. It's really just a good thing. I understand about the scales and stuff though.

    That makes me so sad that the girls are sick! I hope they get better soon.

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Beginnings sounds cool. I planned one for my Laurel Project and it sounds so BORING compared to others I keep hearing about. Sorry everyone's sick, hopefully you don't catch it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete