Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas






I feel like this is late to blog about Christmas, but I have to get it out of the way so I can blog about things that are happening now.

During December we were having a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit. Was it because there was no snow? I don't know. But we just weren't feelin' it so we decided to make the feeling. We made paper chains for the main room and mini ones for the American girl dolls rooms. Aren't they so cute? I love making things for the dolls. Anna took the picture of me. I couldn't tell it was me at first. I don't know if I have ever seen my profile. Only the front of me in the mirror. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

We spent Thanksgiving with Dad this year so we got the entire Christmas vacation with Mom in California. The night before Christmas Eve we went to Lizzie's. We planned to go and stay Christmas Eve day and evening and leave that night to have Christmas at home, then we thought we would leave the day after Christmas. We ended up leaving on Wednesday. Anyway, we had a great Christmas Eve. One of Shad's realitive's who was super nice came to spend the evening with us. We had our traditional sandwiches on homemade rolls for dinner. I know that doesn't seem fancy, but I honestly look forward to it every year! I'm not sure why, but I do. We then had Sandcake (a bread cake that Steve really likes. It's basically pound cake) for Jesus's birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to him. I've never done that before, but the little kids really liked it. Then we acted out the Christmas story. Lizzie through together these awesome costumes with scraps of fabric. Tanner and Gracie, as Mary and Joseph, wore gray pillowcases with hole for their arms. It was just really creative. Then we watched The Santa Clause and ate treats. I really like that movie. We watched the second one the next day and I really liked that one, too. Oh yeah! After sandcake we opened up cousin presents that we were giving to each other. I don't know how I could have forgotten that. Tanner asked every ten minutes when we would open them. It was very cute and funny. :)

Christmas day we woke up earlier than I would have thought ideal and opened presents as families. We didn't pay attention to Kate and Tanner's presents and they didn't pay attention to ours. I don't want to name everything that I got, but I did get an ipod nano (would it be just a nano?) which I love! I love how it is so small, I love the touch screen and I love how I can just clip it on or slip it into my pocket. I also got boots! I'll take a pic of it along with one of the present I gave Anna. They were a size too small so we took them back and bought the same ones a size bigger for a lot cheaper, so I bought some pants with the extra money.

So, that's what our Christmas was like. It was awesome. We just took down our decorations yesterday and the tree is still sitting out in the driveway. We think it adds a lot to Norma's Taco's. :)

5 comments:

  1. haha, that sounds SO FUN! I wish I lived there. Thanks for detailing it all out for us. Cute pictures too. I just seriously love imagining all that Christmas festivity :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Aliese. Those little chains were the cutest. Christmas eve was wonderful and I'm glad you documented it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! You got to buy more with the boots! Take a pic, for sure, I always love boots. Sounds like a good christmas. I've never sang happy birthday for Christmas. That would be different, but a cool idea. I didn't think about not having snow, for you guys. That would be really different. The only time I HAD snow for Christmas was when we visited you guys in Idaho! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blogs! I still havent' blogged about Christmas yet either. I just finished putting away Christmas last week, and have just caught up the laundry (tons of sheets and towels from company, and all the clothes I coudn't wash while they were there)Your Christmas Eve and Christms day sounded wonderful. I like the idea of singing to Jesus. You love the sandwiches because they are a tradition. Thanks for putting in the pics!! I know it takes time, but we all love it so much!!! love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and your Christmas sounds like it was fun and creative. I am glad you have your cousins and Lizzie's family to spend it with. I love you so much and i enjoy reading your posts. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete