Saturday, February 25, 2012

Grandma's Visit

So, Grandma came to visit on January 30th and left a week later on February 6th.  It was so fun.  I guess Mom and Grandpa were worried about what we would do for a whole week, but it went by so fast!  It would have felt so short any less than a week.  We went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  It was so cool.  I loved it.  I love Beauty and the Beast.  Of course I love all of the princesses, but Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites.  Grandma went with us to our P.E. day.  I'll tell you, it has been getting harder and harder every week.  We have just started soccer and I'm not a huge fan of it yet.  You have to run the entire time unless you're the goalie and if you're the goalie in our games you don't do anything because we aren't good enough yet to get the ball near the goals.  The past few times we have kept going until we are all so tired that we are frustrated so we've decided not to do that anymore.  I feel so stupid saying it's tiring because for anyone else it wouldn't be, but we are just so out of shape.  At least I am.  I get tired and cramps so easily.  Anyway, back to Grandma.  It went by so fast I can't even remember what we did.  I just remember sitting in bed thinking "Grandma only has this many days left." every night.  Everyday went by faster and faster.  But we had a great time.  

We had the Valentine's Tea Party on Saturday, before my birthday.  The day before we went to the 99cents store for all of the supplies.  We got paper products, confetti, tissue paper to make flowers (which we never did), candy, craft stuff to make valentines and party favors for the next day.  The next morning we decorated and tried to get everything ready in time.  Lizzie and Amy came and we had a fun time.  Mom made tomato soup hoping it would be red or pink, but it turned out to be a brownish orange.  So much for color themed food.  We did put heart shaped croutons in it though that Lizzie made.  Those were really fun.  Then I made a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries.  Grandma took pictures of it.  Hopefully she'll post them.  Lizzie took pictures of all the cousins together.  Maddie is crying and Elle isn't looking at the camera, but we're all in it.  We each decorated a frame to put the picture in.  I thought that was a cute idea.  At the tea party Amy was a girl that used to be a mermaid, but she got surgery and wasn't anymore.  She said she new Ariel and that her voice is not all that it is made up to be.  I got the feeling that she didn't like Ariel all that much.  I said that I grew, picked and dipped the strawberries all in one day.  Mom was the cook and she said that she believed in honesty when she asked us how much money we had.  When we tried to ask her questions she said that she believed in honesty, but that she herself was not honest.  What an example for her children.

I was so sad when Grandma left.  It felt like she had hardly been her at all it went by so fast.  But it was fun and we all had a great time.   

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, it flew past. It was so much fun for me, I loved every minute of it.I will be posting pics soon, I hope tomorrow. I can tell you how to put them on your blog so you can have them in a book if you make a book out of your blog. love you!!

    ReplyDelete