Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Latest

I sure am getting a lot of blogging done today.  I'm not sure how much longer I will last since Harry Potter is on and I will more likely than not get distracted.  It took me much longer than it should to write that sentence. :) 

Well, my summer is packed.  I don't know the exact details of when everything, but I have the general idea.  Basically, I'm going to have a trek in California at the end of June, then either go to dad's for a bit and then go to the reunion or go to the reunion and then to dad's.  Well, anyway, then I have to fly back to California for Girls Camp for five days.  Then I fly back to Utah, rest a few days and then go to EFY for a week.  It's in Lehi so I just go to church for the day and then go home to sleep, but still.  That all takes place in the course of about a month.  There's a trek in Utah that I could go on with Dad, Diane and Nathan that would be right before Girls Camp, but I would get back, go to bed, get up and get on a plane.  I'm just afraid I wouldn't have enough energy to have a good time at Girls Camp so I'm just going on the one here.  I thought if I could only go on one it should be at the one in my stake.  Dad still told them in Utah that I'm going and he's going to hope that I'll change my mind so I'm just going to let him hope.  I even told him so.  I said, "Dad, go ahead and hope, but I'm still not going to go."  But anyway, I'm preparing for that this summer.  I think it'll be good.  I just got really stressed about two treks for a while because Mom thought it would be too much for me and Dad wanted me to go.  But I've made my decision and I'm excited now. :)

I need to figure out my crocheting business because I have not been doing it lately.  I want to find a way to use the yarn I have.  I want to use some pink yarn to make hand warmers for WISH.  I just need to find some instructions online.  I really want to make a Gryffindor scarf, but I can't buy the yarn to make it because there's no more room in my trunk so I need to use some of it up before I start that project.  I also need to figure out how to make the stitches look tight and small like knitting, so I'll work on it.

I'm only 14, but I am already getting to be more and more like my mom and aunts as far as food goes.  I read the labels on packages.  I want to eat less sugar.  I firmly believe (see how strong my belief is?) that butter and honey are not bad for you and that sugar is.  I have a friend at WISH, I might have already blogged about her, anyway, she really doesn't think sugar is bad for you.  Anytime I say it is she says it isn't, only in large quantities.  Once I remember I had her over to decorate cupcakes and we had a can of store bought frosting and she was looking at the ingredients.  She pointed out some high boiled oil. "That's really bad for you," she said.  "Well, sugar's bad for you too," I said pointing to the first ingredient.  "No it's not.  Only in large amounts."  It was the first ingredient!  So it was definitely a large amount!  She also really hates Ariel and likes to bear her testimony of how much she hates her, too.  But she super nice and I love her anyway.  Anyway, back to my point.  Today Mom had her visiting teacher over to teach her how to make bread and she talked to her about a bunch of stuff.  We ended up making Chef Brad's Cowboy Cookies.  It has spelt, oatmeal and amaranth in it.  Amaranth is so fun.  We popped it in a hot pan and it turned white.  It makes the cookies look really pretty too.  So, we made these today and I was totally excited that they were filled with nutrients.  They were also made with coconut sugar.  So, that's what we did today. 

My most recent excitement have been some minor injuries and I haven't even mentioned them.  So, my bedroom is a loft that I get to on a ladder.  It's probably about 7 or 8 feet from the ground.  Well... yesterday I was getting ready to run out the door to go babysit and I was running up my ladder to get a pen when I... I guess I slipped.  I remember feeling the covers of my bed slip from my fingers and then seeing the wall flash before as I fell down.  I remember not knowing what to do and telling myself to fall to the floor gently.  It was the hitting the ground that hurt so it felt like a soft fall, but my tailbone hurts the most today so I guess it wasn't that soft of a fall.  Anyway, I fell 7 or 8 feet onto a hard floor, sat a minute, then got up and went to babysit.  Mom called a bit into my babysitting job to make sure I hadn't gone into shock or anything so I guess it could have been a lot worse than the bruises I've got.  That's pretty much all I got.  When I'm walking around I touch a spot on myself and say, "Oh, found another bruise."  But that's it.  So I was really lucky.

I'm playing I am a Child of God on the piano!  I just started, but it's the original one from the Primary book so I'm super excited!  We've really been advancing in piano.  I kind of went from baby song to Primary songs overnight.  It makes me wonder where we would be if we were this dedicated from kindergarten.

I feel like all of my blogs are just something exciting that I write a little about, not daily life.  This is a long post about what's been going on.  I'm really proud of myself. :)

3 comments:

  1. You're right about it being a great blog! But all blogs are great! It is just good to hear what everyone is doing or thinking. It makes me feel like I am part of your life. I am in agreement with you and your mom, one trek is ENOUGH. you will be really tired and you want to enjoy all your activities, so goes the scripture "do not run faster than you have strength." I am so glad you didn't do some real damage to your tailbone!! or you head. That is so scary. Thats cool about the piano! I am happy for you! I'm glad you have a good friend and that you have grown up enough to agree to disagree! that is an important skill! I haven't popped amaranth yet. I want to but haven't done it yet! love you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you had fun yesterday and that you are interested in the healthy cooking thing. I love that you read labels. I'm so relieved you didn't get hurt. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved that you didn't hurt yourself too badly when you fell, that is a long way to fall. You need to slow down and remember what it is that you are doing. It gets harder to fall as you grow in size, so be careful. It is so wonderful that you read the labels and check the food for fats and sugars, I haven't eaten any sugar or gluten for over a month now, it isn't an easy thing to do. I try to focus on what I can have not what I want to have. It is hard. I love you so much, and your mom is right you should do only one of those trecks, they are not an easy thing to do. I think I have heard them talk about them and getting dehydrated is the biggest thing. So be sure you have ample water, and other liquids to wet your whistle. Hugs and kisses PS I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with your grandma. Grandma are such a wonderful thing in our lives.

    ReplyDelete