Saturday, March 3, 2012

Frustrated with being sick.

Well... we are in Utah at our dad's right now and I don't want to do anything.  I feel awful.  I have this weird cold.  I had a sore throat for a day, a stuffy nose for a day and then a cough for a day or two, then I got better. I was good for a few days and then it came on again all at once.  Steve got it a few days before me and it was the same with him.  I've heard of a lot of people that have had it.  It's so weird.  Plus, my foot isn't feeling any better.  It was a week ago yesterday that I fell and it feels the same.  It just hurts.  It's not swollen or anything so it couldn't be anything really wrong, but it's just a pain.  Literally.  It got better for a few days after I basically didn't walk on it.  It got this numb feeling so I didn't really feel it at all when I walked on it, so I walked on it and then it got really bad again.  Now it really hurts unless I've taken ibuprofen.  When I went to church last week it hurt so bad when I got home cause I was wearing high heels and everything so I wanted to stay home tomorrow, but Dad won't let me.  I just wish I could be waited on so I would get better!  When I walk on my foot and go about life as usual I doubt it helps.  I'm sure it will get better eventually no matter what, but I'm also sure it would get better a lot faster if I didn't walk on it!  I'm just frustrated.  I'm so tired of not being hurt or sick enough to stay in bed, but being hurt and sick enough to feel awful, but still well enough to go places and do things.  This is the kind of thing that you feel stupid staying home and asking for people to do things for you, but if you do you get better so much faster.  Know what I mean?

Well, I think I'm going to go read now.  That's another thing I'm frustrated with.  I don't have a good book to read.  I'm reading Great Expectations for WISH and I really like it, but if I read to much of it then I zone out and the language starts to confuse me.  I'm also reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.  I don't really love it, but I have to keep reading to find out what happens!  I hate it when that happens.  So I don't even have a good book to distract me from my sicky stuff.  Well, so long!

P.S.  It's so cool that the italics work.  They didn't work before blogger changed. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick! I'm getting over a cold too. It stinks. Rest as much as you can! I wonder if you should get your foot looked at? It's no fun to be in pain all the time. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better soon, and I agree with Danielle, I think you should have that foot looked at and x-rayed, even if it isn't swollen. You could have damaged something, does it feel better if you wrapped it. Check it out. It isn't natural to feel pain all of the time, and feet are really important to us. I love you Sweetpea and I will say a prayer for you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't know why you have to go places. Your foot will heal faster if you stay off of it! Oh well. I'm sorry you are sick! I hate being sick and its worse when you don't have your own bed! Well, hope you get better and can have some fun while you're there. I absolutely love Dickens, but I have to say, Great expectations is one of the more frustrating books I read of his. I have read it at least twice and will read it again I'm sure. I wanted to reach through the book and strangle a couple of the characters. love you sooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete