Friday, March 9, 2012

Little Update (now I'm doing updates:)

So, don't have anything in particular to post about, but I felt like it was time for another post.  We went to Idaho and visited our cousins and grandparents.  I feel like I have gotten closer to Grandma Leslie ever since we moved.  It's weird.  I've learned to crochet and we like to do that while watching TV together.  Normally we watch House Hunters, but this trip we got into Bonanza.  Can you believe it!  I wanted to see it at first because Charles was in it, but then I really got into it.  It's so funny.  When Dad came home one night I was sitting in the family room watching it all by myself.  I just started laughing because it's just so funny that I like it!  I've had the theme song stuck in my head ever since we watched it.  One day I was humming it all day and everybody started hating it.  It's just kind of funny.  

I crocheted some hand warmers because I am always freezing at WISH.  We are switching buildings so hopefully it won't go to waste.  I'll post pics when we get back to California and I have my camera.

It's so cold here.  I can't believe we actually lived here.  I feel like I'm going to freeze every time I go outside.  It's amazing that before when I experienced much colder weather earlier in the winter this felt warm.  I remember it being a big decision to decide if I should take my coat to school or not in the spring.  It would feel warm, but I might regret not bringing it later.  Now, in California, 60s are cold and 50s are freezing.  It's amazing the affect of what we expect has on us.  

I got a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble from my dad for my birthday and didn't spend it because the Barnes and Noble closest to us is really small so I spent it in Idaho.  Mom also pointed out that tax is better there so that's another bonus.  I bought Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.  It's a classic I think that I've read before and I remember I really liked it.  I don't remember it, but I remember liking it.  So I bought it and think I'll read it soon.  I also bought The Tales of Beedle the Bard!  It's pretty cool.  It was translated from Ancient Runes by Hermione and has commentary by Dumbledore.  I've read two stories so far.  It's going to be fun having a few more choices for read alouds at night.  And these are stories that we don't have memorized all ready.  Plus, it's Harry Potter, so that's makes everything cool. :)

Today we got hair cuts, or just trims.  I got rid of probably two inches.  Gracie thinks she cut an inch, but Dad told her to cut about an inch and held his fingers about four inches apart behind Gracie's back.  It looks so much better and is still long.  Anna got rid of about the same as Gracie.  She was very upset for a while.  Saying that mine was longer than hers and that hers is so short now (not true).  Anyway, I'm glad we got trims.  My hair was so gross.  

That's pretty much it, love you!

4 comments:

  1. You sound like you are feeling better. I hope you are. Glad you got some books you like, I love gift cert. Lizzie gave me one from Amazon for Christmas. So fun!!! It is late and Poppi is getting ready to go to the Temple tomorrow, I get to stay home, I think I will post on the blog. Love you Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your hair looks a lot better. You all needed it. I miss you, and I'm proud of you for choosing good books at Barnes and Noble, and I'm proud of you for reading such mature books, as A Tree...and Great Expectations. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your having a good time! I'm excited to see your hair! You should take pictures when you get a chance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, have to say laughed my way through most of your blog! Thanks for Updating! That's funny that you love Banaza, but have to say I watched for years every Sunday night as a girl with my family, eating tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches. Grandpa still watches it off and on and loves it. I bet everyone's hair looks better. Can't wait to see it-which means you will have to take pics! I agree with your mom. Pretty sophisticated reader! I think that is great that you and your grandma have that hobby in common and that you get to crochet with her. That is a memory you will carry through life! love and miss you sooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete