Friday, April 6, 2012

Finally Posting!

Okay, I'm finally posting!  Our computer wasn't working for a while.  We went to Disneyland for Gracie's birthday and after that I don't know what my excuse is after that, but I'm here.  I'll do a bit of an update but then just go on to what's going on now.  So, I'm trying to think of what's happened since I blogged last.  We went to Disneyland for Gracie's birthday.  There was Conference.  We met Lizzie in the middle on Monday (so sad you couldn't make it, Amy!) and spent the day at the park with her.  We all got sunburns.  Just on my nose for me, but Mom got it pretty bad on her neck and arms.  I'm trying the new Oil Cleansing Method, I don't know if Mom has said anything about it.  It's really interesting.  You mix certain amounts of certain kinds of oil together and rub them on your face (with or without makeup).  There's more to the process that I don't want to explain right now.  But I think the address to the blog that we got it off of is crunchybetty.com.  What it does is cleanses your face of the dirty oils and replaces it with clean oils instead of just stripping it of everything with face products.  There were such amazing stories about having clear faces within two weeks and seeing differences after just a few washes.  I haven't seen much difference, but haven't been doing it for long.  I also tried to do the homemade shampoo thing that Mom blogged about, but I stopped.  I had dandruff and my hair was greasy and it took forever to dry and it just didn't work so I went to normal shampoo.  Mom's still doing it and if it works for her I'll try it again and stick it out.

We went to WISH on Tuesday without Gracie.  She was staying at Lizzie's house for a couple of days.  On Wednesday night Mom and I sat down and promised ourselves that we would figure out my ipod.  I still didn't know how to use it and only had a few songs on it.  We sat there very confused for a while.  We ended up making a new apple account.  Mom took the few songs that I had on my ipod off.  I was a mess until we watched some tutorials.  It was so amazing.  I then made new playlists and everything and even bought a Greyson Chance song.  I only had time to buy one song, but I bought the rest of his songs the next day.  Do you guys know who Greyson Chance is?  I didn't until Sunday when Steve showed us some youtube videos of him.  He was just a normal kid in Texas, I think, and he sang and played Paparazzi on the piano at a talent show.  The video was put on youtube and Ellen found him and had him on her show.  Now, two years later he has, I think, two albums, he's been on a tour and he's really famous.  I'm not exactly sure how famous.  Not everybody knows who he is, but isn't that crazy?  He went from as normal as me to famous in two years!  We watched the video of him at the talent show.  He was only twelve and all ready had an amazing voice without any vocal training.  You would not expect it looking at him.  We also saw some videos of him at concerts after he was famous and all the girls were screaming.  Crazy.  Anyway, I bought all of his songs except for one he wrote (I might buy it later) and Paparazzi.  I listened to them all and was disappointed, but listened to them again and bought the ones I liked one by one.  Before I knew I had bought basically all of them.  It's too bad because I bet an album would have been a bit cheaper.  Oh well.  I've been listening to his songs today and I love them!  As far as what kind of music it is.  I don't know.  It reminds me a bit of Taylor Swift, but my ipod says it's Pop.

Well, that's it.  I'll post pictures next.  Love you!  


5 comments:

  1. I would love to know how to work and Ipod, don't know how or anything about it. I think it is wonderful that you like Greyson Chance is, my nieces and nephews in Texas know about him and love him. So he must be good. I am glad you got your Ipod working. I don't know anything about the oil cleaner for your face, however I had a friend that used to make cleansing cream and face cream moisturizer for her face and she always looked great. So there must be ways to do natural stuff out there. Go for it and if it works great. I have missed your posting, and I love you hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you're posting again!!! I need to post myself! I am so glad you figured out your ipod! They are wonderful. I use mine in the car sometimes and in the greenhouse all the time. It will be interesting to see if the oil thing works. Too bad the shampoo thing didn't work. I miss you and am so excited for June to see you all again!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Greyson Chance on Ellen when he played on there for the first time. She discovers alot of talent and has made alot of people famous. He is really good. I'm so glad you figured out your ipod. I HATE TECHNOLOGY and thankgoodness for Mike or I wouldn't know how to do anything technology-related. I don't understand why these things come so easily to some and so confusing to others. Anyway- the shampoo: did the shampoo free thing make your hair greasy and have dandruff? Or did you already have htat before using hte new method? Because rebecca said it made hers NOT greasy. So please let me know because I was curious about that. love you!!!!!! and hope the face regiment works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the shampoo free thing, I think I already had some dandruff before I tried it, but it might have made it worse. I'm not sure. I get really greasy hair two days after I shampoo my hair and always have. So I have to take showers and wash it every other day, but with the no 'poo thing it was never not greasy, even after I washed it. It just dried greasy. The blog we got it from says that there is an ajustment period, but that it'll get better after a few weeks. I just wasn't patient enough. Mom is still doing it so if it ends up working for her (she has some dandruff right now) I'll probably try it again. But, also, I'm a teenager and my hormones are crazy so I don't know if that has an effect on anything. Hope that helped! Love you! :)

      Delete
  4. That's cool- I saw Greyson Chance on Ellen a couple years ago too...its weird it was that long ago. I'll have to look up his songs! I'm glad you got it figured out. You'll have to tell us how the oil cleansing thing works for you. I'd be interested to try it if you like it after two weeks! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete