Thursday, April 12, 2012

Life

When did I post last?  I don't remember.  I don't think it was that long ago, but I don't know what to blog that has happened since my last post.  Anna's latest obsession has been Jane Austin.  We already watched Sense and Sensibility and she is now watching Pride and Prejudice.  I just did something to make everything on the screen so small that I can hardly read what I am typing.  Mom isn't back yet so I'll ask her to fix it when she is back.  I've thought about so many things to blog about, but now that the time has come I can't think of any of those things.  I'll do my best.  

There are so many things that I want to finish.  I have been telling myself everyday that I need to work on decorating my bedroom.  It really would not be that hard.  All I have to do is buy paint and magnet board, paint frames and eventually Steve will hang them up.  Buying the paint is probably part of my problem.  I also need to decide if I really do want to do vinyl lettering in this one spot or do something else.  I just need to figure it out.  It's always hanging out in the back of my head. Then, I try to embroider and crochet, which is surprisingly hard to do.  I have one project for WISH that has to be done by next week so then I'll be finished with that.  I have sewing classes on Wednesdays.  I have WISH on Tuesdays which give me English homework.  Right now I'm working on a paper for Great Expectations.  Finished it, by the way!  I really liked it.  Don't think I'm going to read it again anytime soon, though. :)  Then, I try to do Personal Progress and scripture study for while everyday.  Plus, I like to read and try to write a bit too.  It doesn't seem like a lot and it's probably not, but all of that and dishes, school, just extra things we need to do during the day make it harder.  I am doing good though.  I finished The Princess Bride the other day.  I loved it (minus the one chapter of Buttercup's Baby that some books have) but it was one of the more frustrating books I've read.  For those of you who have read it know what I mean when I talk about him abridging it and everything.  The author pretends that he is abridging and old and long classic.  He has the story and then stuff in italics where he is talking.  He'll say he cut out a 60 page part about Florinese trees or something and then talk about it for a page and all I want to do is get back to the story!  At the very beginning of the book there is a large section of just him talking about how he ended up abridging the book.  Anyway, loved it and want to own it, but it gets a bit frustrating at times.  Soon WISH will be over so that will take out the homework and embroidery.  I'm looking forward to that.  Next year, being in high school (yikes!) I will have more school work so I'm not going to take any academic classes at WISH.  

So, that's what's happening now, for what happened Easter was great.  The Easter Bunny hid our entire baskets instead of just our eggs so we had to look for them before church.  I had no idea where mine was.  Gracie and Anna had already found there's and I didn't have time so I did not get a single piece of chocolate until after church.  The highlight of Easter for me (the candy part, I do think about the Savior) is Cadbury Mini Eggs.  Some people like their creme eggs of M&Ms.  Our teacher at church says he loves jelly beans, but my favorite is the Cadbury Mini Eggs.  Always has been.  It's my favorite candy of all the candies.  They're amazing.  So, I traded half of my jelly beans with Anna and Gracie for more of those.  Plus I got a solid chocolate bunny.  So, I think I got enough chocolate.

Yesterday I had sewing and I finished my skirt for my trek!  I had already finished my bonnet at a stake thing so Mom and I were all excited about only needing to make bloomers and then be done.  We're just going to buy bloomers at the thrift store.  But we looked at the list again and it said I need two skirts and an apron.  We really thought about it and thought it did make sense to have two aprons.  Do you think brown is too dark?  We already have some brown fabric, but I'm worried it might be too hot.  Anyway, it's only April so we have time.  Thank goodness for Isabel, my sewing teacher, we would really be in trouble without her.  The skirt seemed a bit too long so we just did a little tuck that made it look a bit prettier.  Hopefully it's still not too long.  I'll take a picture of me in the whole outfit when I've finished everything.

Sorry the picture isn't turned.  I'm not in the mood to do that right now.
  These are the hand warmers I made!  I didn't exactly follow the directions so they're a little big, but they work really well.

I'm still doing the Oil Cleansing Method thing with my face.  From reading all of the comments I think I've been expecting too much.  I don't know if it's been two weeks yet, I don't think so, but I don't see any difference.  My face is still oily.  I've actually given up cover up makeup because it doesn't convince much and it probably doesn't help the acne anyway.  I feel bad for my future children.  Both my mom and dad had acne, now I do and they probably will too.  I'm saying sorry in advance.

Piano has been going good.  I'm doing really good on I am a Child of God.  The only problem is I'm really bad at playing in front of audiences.  If people are just in the room I can play, but when they're sitting still and listening it's hard for me.  I've messed up on pieces for family night that I haven't messed up on in days.  Just thinking about playing hymns in YWs makes me mess up on I am a Child of God.  I'm serious.  I don't know what I am going to do.

Anyway, on that note, I think that's it.  Love you all! 

3 comments:

  1. The hand warmers look great!!!! I need some of those, my hands are always cold. You will get better on the piano, and you will be able to play with people listening. It just takes a lot of practice. Also grandpa just goes on when he makes a mistake, and most people don't know the difference. Don't worry about the acne, it will go away, although I know that doesn't help the present. It seems like you have a lot to do to me. I don't see how you get it all done, plus help around the house, and get personal things done also. The thing that helped my face when I was young, was just soap and lots of water to rinse it off. I just used dove soap and a clean wash cloth each night. It helps to keep all of the bacteria off, so you need to keep your hands away from your face. Grandpa plays for priesthood every Sunday unless we are combined with the Priesthood and Relief Society together, then the women play and lead. I love you and miss seeing you I will see you guys at the reunion this year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an informational and great blog! I think your life sounds very busy! I can't believe all you get done. I loved Great Expectations also, but it is hard for me when they treat him so badly and he is so mesmerized by that girl that he puts up with it. I'm too tire to say what I really want to say about the book. I want to read Princess Bride, I've never read it. I love your skirt, bonnet and hand warmers! I would do a brown apron. It wouldn't look so dirty all the time. Trust me it is a dusty trek, so all the dust won't show up as much on the apron. My fav was always cadbury mini eggs also! mmmm The only way to get over being nervous and making mistakes when others are listening while you play the piano, is to keep playing in front of others. Eventually you will get used to it, not that I'm an expert at the piano. I know that I was going to say more, but I am getting more tired by the moment. I love you soooo much and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, don't know how I missed this one. But I am SO the same way with playing in front of people. I get so nervous and mess up and play too fast and its just awful. The hand warmers are way cool! I can't believe you didn't follow a pattern. You must be really good. Cadbury Mini Eggs ARE the best. The best easter candy ever in existence. I really just don't understand why everyone doesn't feel that way. Really, its mind boggling! I love that you keep your life full of interesting things! I am wanting to do that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete