Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where we live.

We live in the amazing California.  We lived in Idaho for years, which doesn't really have anything special about it.  Never would have guessed that we would live here.  I remember visiting Lizzie and wondering how she does it.  I mean, Palm Springs is way hotter than Pasadena so I still wonder that when we visit there, but I understand it more now.  It's amazing how we adapt.  In Idaho it could be in the 40s in May and that felt warm.  In the 50s we would go out in t-shirts.  Now, we are such babies.  But I think I already blogged about this so moving on.  

Steve went to a show last weekend, I think, and asked us which celebrities to keep an eye out for.  He has seriously seen celebrities around there.  Not any that we would know, though.  

Speaking of celebrities, we know one.  You have all seen Napoleon Dynamite, right?  Well, Kip is in our ward.  He's Brother Ruell.  It's so crazy because Nathan (oldest step brother) quotes that movie all the time and loves Kip, but I haven't even seen it.  After Mom found out, we had to watch the movie so we finally watched it.  It's pretty funny.  Sister Ruell, his wife who is in the movie for about one minute, is one of my YW leaders.  They live within walking distance and have a daughter named Merine (not sure how to spell it.  I call her Mimi).  I babysit her all the time.  If it's during the day I walk.  If it's dark it's not far to drive.  It's really nice.  It's just funny because Nathan has always been a fan of Kip and the movie and I, who have never seen the movie beforehand, am the one who gets to go to their house and see them all the time.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, it's just funny. :) 

Oh!  And this has really been bugging me.  So, I'll just say it and forget about it.  I didn't think I would like all of Greyson Chance's songs so I just listened to them and bought the ones I liked.  Which turned out to be all of them (every single one) so instead of buying the albums I spent (not wasted) about $5 more than I needed to.  That just really bugs me because I am so careful with my money!  But he's worth it, I won't do it next time and now that I've put it out there I can move on.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a funny movie, and I have seen him in a few other movies, he always acts like he is weird. I can't think that he is really a normal man, with a little girl and you get to be his sitter. Good for you and after all they are actors and really just people anyway. I knew Mickey Newberry quite well and he was a really good song writer. He is the only famous person that I ever really knew. I think it is neat how we adapt to where we live, I have lived in Texas a few times in my life and it is HOT there at times and it can also get cold. I am grateful to live in Oregon, and it is pretty mild most of the time. The rain gets boring at times. I love you and look forward to seeing you in July. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are funny. Ummm that is SO HILARIOUS that kip is in your ward! He is so funny in that movie! Cracks me up! I am SO JEALOUS of where you live. I would love the heat. I agree, nothing too special about Idaho. It is a really nice, safe community I suppose, but other than that...BOOOH. Love you! Love when you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all make mistakes with our money and have to say, "oh well it's worth it! It is still frustrating though!!! Weather is a funny thing when it comes to getting used to it. We always have such moderate temperatures that we get hot pretty easily and then also get cold pretty easily. I like our weather though most of the time. This year it has STUNK!! We have had so much wind and rain, more than I can ever remember. That is funny that Napolean is in your ward! I can't believe you have never seen his first movie. It is "stupid" funny. Does that make sense? It was really good and was a huge hit out in the world as well as in the church. I agree with Danielle, I love it when you post! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete