Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a family...

For Gracie's birthday she asked for two (specifically two) chocolate pies.  When we had it for her birthday with the candles and everything we only finished half of one of them.  Steve was like, "I don't know how we are going to finish these.  Why did Gracie ask for two?"  "We're Arnold's," I said, "We may all be really skinny and all, but when it comes to chocolate there are no limits with us."  Both pies were gone within 24 hours.

Yesterday it was raining and Mom thought it would be fitting to make brownies.  So, I made one cake pan (the 8x8 pan was being used) of brownies.  They were really good brownies.  They weren't too rich for me, who likes cakey brownies and they were chocolatey enough for Mom who prefers the rich ones.  We didn't have Steve, but we had Cami, a homeschool friend, over.  So we ate the brownies.  We all got a decent piece.  I wanted more, but tried to go onto something else.  It didn't take long before I couldn't take it anymore.  So, I made another batch of brownies.  I could have made a double batch and used all the same utensils. But instead I decided to take twice as long and dirty up a bowl and measuring cups, put them in the sink, then dirty up more the second time because I didn't want to wash the first ones.  Oh boy.  What I will do for more chocolate.

Now, this one isn't about chocolate.  Last night I walked up to Steve and Mom, who were sitting on the couch, to say goodnight.  I picked up a Snow White Polly and Steve asked, "What is that?"  

"It's a Polly," Mom answered.

"But it's a princess. How can it be a Polly Pocket?"

"It's not the Polly Pocket brand.  Disney made it, but it's still a Polly.  It's just like with Barbies.  They have princess Barbies, but they don't call them Barbies."

"I don't know how they can get away with that."

"Steve, they aren't Barbies.  They don't call them Barbies, but they're still the same doll so we call them Barbies."

"So, they're not Barbies?"

"Yes, they are.  They are the same doll.  You play with them the same."

"If it's a princess doll it's not a Barbie.  You don't call Snow White Barbie."
"They don't call them Barbie.  They call them different names.  Barbie was the name of a doll like 60 years ago!  Now it's just the kind of doll."

This went on for a while and Mom eventually got up to get a princess Barbie and a normal Barbie.  She's really worked up now.  Maybe even yelling.

"Do you see?"  Mom asks holding up the two Barbies.  "They're the same!"

"No, this is Barbie.  This is Snow White."

"But they're the same, Steve!"

"When you went looking for this you asked the girls where Snow White was.  You didn't ask for Barbie."

"They don't call them Barbie, but they're still both Barbies!"

This doesn't do the conversation justice.  It was the most ridiculous conversation ever.  And it went on much longer than this.  But can anyone picture this?  I have some things mixed up, like what they are saying, but you get the idea.  The conversation just went around in a circle.  Steve was calm and really didn't care how things ended.  Mom was worked up and upset about it.  Steve does this all the time.  I've had conversations with him like this.  I honestly feel like I'm in court or something and I am trying to convince him of something, but he always has something smart to say.  He'll even change his story half way through, but he never gets upset.  It's so annoying.  Mom got so mad.

What a family.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Steve sounds like Paul (clay's dad). He stays calm but just tries to disagree with people to get them riled up :) It cracks me up Gracie asked for two chocolate pies for her birthday. haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the choclate pies are so funny, and it is so true. Arnolds never can have too much chocolate. HA!! Love it. Steve is a big tease, it sounds like to me, and he really doesn't care how or who it effects. Love you and I would have just made the brownies in the same bowl. I never wash dishes I don't need to Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahaha! I am still laughing! That was great! From the chocolate to the conversation with a "man" it was great! Steve is a typical man, you guys just aren't used to it! Remember I am still laughing. I love how the rain made it an excuse to make brownies! It sounds like you are getting to be quite the cook now days! Love you and can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete