Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Birthday

How pathetic that I am blogging about my birthday almost a month after it happened.  Then I'm going to blog about Grandma's visit a month after she got here.  I hate catching up because then I don't blog about the things that are happening now so I have to catch up on those later and then I'm just catching up forever.  But I want to write about these things somewhere and I am not writing it all out in my journal. :) So...

For my birthday I decided to go to Disneyland! since we live so close and have passes.  We are so lucky!  When I moved to California I was shocked when people who lived an hour or less away didn't have passes.  I assumed everyone did!  Maybe it was because even we bought them when we lived in Idaho, but we're just a crazy rarity.  So, my birthday was on Sunday and we couldn't go on Sunday and we couldn't go on Monday because that's when Grandma left so we went the Friday before my birthday.  Oh my gosh, we had a blast!  Whenever we go we get there at noon or later.  We tried to get there when it opened, but everything seemed to open half an hour early so we got there a bit late, but we got there way earlier than we usually do!  So we first went to Fantasyland and went on Peter Pan,  Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Storybook Canal Boats and Alice in Wonderland all in about an hour (I think).  I'm not sure when we did what after that, but we went on like 10 rides total including the ones in Fantasyland, give or take a few. We saw World of Color, went on the sourdough bread factory tour, and went to Animation Academy.  I feel like there's more, but that's probably it.  World of Color was amazing as always.  I love World of Color.  I feel the spirit every time (of course I have Rebecca for my mom so I was raised to feel the spirit when listening to music :).  Animation Academy is a 15 minute class where a "real" Disney artist teaches you how to draw a Disney character.  It is so fun.  Even Mom and Gracie draw something great and have fun and Mom hates to draw!  We do it all the time.  We have drawn Pooh, Tiger, Jack Skelington, Dale, Mickey and this time we drew Piglet.  Grandma spoiled us all day.  She bought us a meal, treats and gave us each $30 to spend on something.  I bought an Ariel t-shirt.  It took me forever to decide what to get.  I also liked a Precious Moments thing that had Minnie and a girl with a Minnie dress on posing.  I went back and forth between the two.  Went back and forth between the two parks and finally decided that I didn't have room for another glass figure.  So I bought the t-shirt.  There have been so many cool Ariel products ever since the new Ariel ride came out, which we also went on.  I love Ariel.   I love her voice.  So, overall, without a doubt, we had a great day.  We got there early, did a bunch of things and each left with something new we bought and a tired smile on our faces.

Grandma bought a cool how to draw book with princesses in it and I already had a how to draw Mickey characters book so we had a little drawing party on Sunday after church.  Grandma and I drew Belle and Minnie.  They turned out really good.  For my birthday breakfast I wanted pumpkin chocolate chip bread, but it was fast Sunday so we had it on Monday.  For my dinner I had the pizza rolls from Our Best Bites and for dessert we had the Fudge Truffle Cheesecake.  I love that cake.  It is sooo delicious.  It's the kind of food that makes you think, "I hope they have food in heaven because this is heaven!"  When I had the last piece a few days later I felt like I had just finished the Harry Potter series again.  So sad.

Uhhhh!  I have written this post 3 times because it got deleted for some reason and then I just put the pictures on and clicked somewhere and my list of presents disapeared so here's one.  Aren't they beautiful?  I'm going to use the box to put my yarn in and tape paper that says things like "Harry Potter loves to crochet!" "S.P.E.W." "Hermione likes to knit, but crocheting's way better." on the inside of the lid.  I'll post a pic when I do it.  I'm sorry they aren't good pictures.  It was up in my loft which has really bad lighting and I couldn't bring it back down.  And sorry they're small.  Mom's not here to teach me how to make them big and I don't want to wait to do it tomorrow when she's here, but I'll do better next time and small bad pictures are better than none, right? Oh!  I just figured out how to make them big so never mind! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog!!!I just love your Harry books and box, and the pics are great. You did a good job of posting about Disneyland. It was soooo fun! I will never tire of it. I loved world of color also. It was a great day. Loved the food too! The cake was divine. It was a fun fun week for me! I love and miss you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Aliese I love you! I read all your posts and loved every word. You are so awesome about being health conscious and looking at ingredients. And you made me laugh when you said finishing the last piece of cake was like finishing Harry potter. Hah. It I so true! Have you read hunger games? I think you might like them. Oh and your summer sounds so crazy but fun! I hope you love efy. I did. I can't believe your dad thinks you'd want to go on two treks. That's crazy talk! I seriously just think you are such an amazing young woman. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I love you! A I love when you post! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete