Monday, August 19, 2013

The Positive a midst My Tragedy

So, on of my best friends I've ever had left for New York yesterday. :( So so sad.  Buuuuuuuuut, I got to spend a good last day with her on Saturday.  They were super busy with cleaning and packing and yard selling so I helped them and just hung out.  We watched the last episodes of the fourth season (the last one we have).  And we also watched 17 Again, which we both love.  She loves Winnie the Pooh so I crocheted her a stuffed Pooh bear to look like the original A.A. Milne's one.  I was a bit disappointed with how it turned out, but she loved it so that's okay.  I'll miss her, but I won't lose touch. :)

I'm working on an online driver's ed course and though miserable, it is slowly progressing.

I finished my knitting Personal Progress goal!  So now I can continue with my crocheted quilt, which I am STILL working on as soon as I can get the book from the library.

We went to Lizzie's this past week, which was super fun!  We haven't seen them forever and I've missed them.  Elle was actually pretty easy to get along with.  Usually it's not very easy to get her to like you, but she totally loved us this time!  We watched the old Freaky Friday, which was super funny.  Lizzie made totally delicious food for us.  We had gourmet pizza, crepes and peanut butter brownies.  They were all wonderful.

Seminary starts on Monday!  And though I'm nervous for reasons I don't want to focus on I'm glad it's starting soon.

I'm going to babysit the two most adorable little boys I've ever known, ages 1 and 4, in Pasadena tonight.  I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your best friend moved away :( That is so hard!!!

    That sounds amazing that you knitted a stuffed animal?!?! Wow. Did you take any pictures?

    I'm so jealous of how close you all live to eachother there in southern California! Lizzie always makes such delicious food. Sounds great.

    I'm glad seminary is starting! That'll be nice for you to have that again.

    Love you!!! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, best friends. I have learned that best friends are few and far between, BUT we live in a time when you don't have to feel far apart! If you want you can still be close even though you can't do anything together. It won't be the same but your love for each other won't diminish if you stay in touch.

    I had Seminary situations that were not the best, but I loved Seminary. Even if it isn't the best situation, the Lord will bless you for going and you will carry that spirit with you through the day. So look for that and not focus on the negative. I am so excited to see you all!!! It feels like forever since I have stayed with you all. I know we will be busy and your mom is going to need more help than she remembers, we can still have some fun. That is so cool that you made a Winnie the Pooh! That sounds hard!! Did you take a pic I hope!? I am so impressed with you Aliese, you are such and amazing woman. I coudn't ask for a better oldest Grandchild!!! love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man i wish you could baby sit maddie! but i only pay 5 an hr, so you prob wouldn't like that :) so sorry abotu your friend leaving. So fun you got to go to lizzie's. I'm so sorry i got so behin on your posts!!! Did you take a pic of your pooh bear? I love whinnie the pooh, and so does maddie!- love you-

    ReplyDelete