Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Good Happenings of the Past Two Weeks

I changed my blog not quite a week ago, but didn't make an effort to actually post any optimism, which defeats the whole point of changing it.  So, I'm going to start by looking at the bright side of the past two weeks and remembering the fun things I did.  Hopefully I can remember most of them.

Well, on the 27th I got to go to a musical that one of the young men in my old ward was in.  It was called the Tavern Keeper's Daughter.  It was actually a really good play and he had a good part in it.  I went with his mom and three of my friends from my old ward and aside from being with them it was fun to hear him sing in a play.  He has a pretty beautiful voice.

Last week we had a fun mutual activity.  We worked on Personal Progress and there was a contest to see who could wear the most P things.  I didn't win, but I think I should have won most creative.  I was the only one with a pumpkin pin. ;)

Our library has an amazing stock of movies so we've been educating ourselves by bringing home as many musicals a week as we can.  We've watched lots of Fred Astaire ones and are starting on Howard Keele ones this week.

Mom set up a new chore schedule and we've actually been doing it and keeping the house clean!  I really don't mind chores that much as long as we do them regularly because I love living in a clean house.

One of my best friends is moving to New York in less than to weeks.  It's a major tragedy for me, I'm not really being optimistic about it.  But I did get to go to her family going away party on Sunday and see her for the first time in a month since I was at my dad's.  And then she came over the other day to watch Avonlea with me!  When I found out she loved Little House and the Waltons I just had to introduce her to Avonlea and she absolutely loves it!  We're on the fourth season right now.  She is totally in love with Gus. :)

There are probably more, but this is all I can think of for now and I don't want to post pone actually posting this to think of some more.  Ta ta!

4 comments:

  1. That play sounds great! How fun! Our young womens did a PP day like that! That was very creative- pumpkin pin! I love old musicals! That is so fun that you are watching all of them! You've probably seen more than me. I'm glad you guys have a good chore system! It definitely is more peaceful living in a clean house. I'm sorry your friend is moving! That is not fun. She sounds awesome! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love how you are trying to focus on the good things. President Monson says there are more good things than bad in spite of trials and hard things. I am so sad your friend is moving. Good friends are hard to come by. But I know Heavenly Father cares about you so he will send you another good friend. That is funny about the P day. That is coil about the chores!! How fun to go to your friends play!! I love that you are watching all the musicals! That is so fun, are they starting to be the same? I am so excite that I get to come in about a month. I miss you guys so much!! This is the longest I think I have gone without seeing you all. And the last time was so short!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink backround, and the optimistic theme you have going on. Great idea. I'm so sorry your best friend is moving away. That musical sounded fun. The P thing, for the activity- sounded so funny! that is such a good idea, and i'm totally going to steal that idea if i'm ever in YW's again. So fun! that's fun you've been watching musicals. there are some pretty famous ones i STILL haven't seen! I read your previous post, and I just wanted to say- as far as the desk goes: if the inside of the drawers are pretty nasty, or old, you can put contact paper on it, they make the cutest contact paper now, and you could just line the drawers with that, adn then they'd be nice and smooth too. And it's not expensive. They have really cute kinds at michaels in the dollar-ish section. it's kind of a random clearence section near the back of the store. but they also have it any where else like target or walmart. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for posting positive things about your life. Musicals are fun and I have always loved them so much. Try to see some Judy Garland ones they are great and you will love them. I liked the Unsinkable Molly Brown with Debbie Reynolds too, it may be too corny for you but there is a bit of history in it. Sorry your friend is moving, but try to keep in touch with her, there is always snail mail and that is sometimes really fun. I love the pink you have here on the blog. Hang in there and continue to have fun, and the only reason I clean house is because I can't stand to live in a messy one. Love you

    ReplyDelete