Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting Used to the Best of Both Worlds

I moved with the intention of going back for all the dances and making sure to still see my friends regularly.  Which is a little difficult because after spending a night with them it makes it really hard to come back home because I miss them so much. :( So I'm trying to get used to it so that I can see them without getting depressed again, because there is no way I'm going to stop seeing them.

I spent quite a bit of time with them last weekend with them.  I got dropped off at a friend's house at six where we all met then drove to the dance.  We were super early which is always kind of awkward at dances cause people don't start showing up till about an hour late anyway.  But it was super fun being with them all again.  And just fyi, I danced 5 out of the six slow songs.  4 out of the 5 were friends (which I prefer, it makes talking easier).  And 3 out of the 5 asked me to dance, not the other way around. 

Since we were getting back so late we decided that I could just stay the night at one of my friend's houses.  It was very thoroughly talked out and contemplated before I was given the okay.  Which was fine because we didn't even do anything.  We got back after dropping everyone at home after midnight, washed our faces and went to bed.  I would've totally gone to church with them, but Elder Perry was talking at our stake conference in Azusa so I couldn't exactly miss that.  So I was driven straight to my stake building in Azusa to hear Elder Perry (which I will talk about later) then we all went back to Pasadena for the Girls Camp fireside.

Now, I hesitate to talk about this because I don't really want to tell you about it and I'm not going to be very positive, buuuuut, I'm pretty sure my mom emailed you all the What Makes You Beautiful video that the boys made for the girls in Pasadena.  Well, someone decided that the girls should do a response video...and that it should be filmed at Girls Camp.  Soooo, we filmed a video for the boys to a song none of us had ever heard before...at Girls Camp.  This whole thing made me mad because the whole point of Girls Camp is that you don't have to impress anyone because it's just girls and the video completely ruined that.  And the boys did not appreciate it at all.  Except for literally one or two sweet guys all they did was laugh and point fingers.  We showed it to them at the fireside, which is another reason I had to be there, cause everyone insisted.  The video ended up not being that bad.  I was hardly in it at all, which I was happy about, but it was nothing compared to the boys video.  Their's is so much better.  So there's that.  And trust me, this was me being positive about it.

Onto being more positive.  I am planning on meeting a friend at the mall sometime soon.  It was gonna be tomorrow, but we had to reschedule so we'll see.  And there's a stake dance in my new stake that I'm gonna invite my friends from Pasadena to!  Since they got mad at me when they found out I had one they didn't invite me to. :) Haha.  Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Moving is so tricky! Especially if you can still see them. I am so glad you got to go to the dance and have such a good time. I loved stake dances at your age. That is cool that you didn't have to do all the asking.

    I'm so Jealous that you got to have Elder Perry at your stake conf. Your mom told me some about it, it sounded great!

    I'm glad the video wasn't as bad as you feared. Things usually aren't as bad as we think it will be. But I don't blame you for not wanting it to be a part of girls camp.. I wouldn't have wanted that either! I'm so excited to see you soon!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little socialite you are! I LOVED the dances. I went to ALL of them and I always went early too. I HATED how everyone showed up late. So stupid, what is everyone doing? NOTHING. That's the only part I miss of my youth- the dances. Such a fun time. I'm glad you blogged! Sorry I read it so late! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just posted a long comment and lost it. WELL anyway- the just of it was- I lived for dances as a youth, and I love that you love them too! And then the other thing I said was - I don't know how Lizzie managed it, but somehow she became friends with some people in Thurston (a town 15 minutes away from us) so- she had her friends in Springfield (our home town) and Thurston. So she had 2 group of friends, and I was always so jealous that she got that. It just seemed so fun and nice to have 2 groups to hang out with and to meet more people, and that's double the activities and dances, so to me, it sounds nice to have 2 worlds. so annoyed my comment was erased i just don't have it in my to write any more!!! love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah- the other thing was- way to go on how many slow songs you danced and that most they asked YOU! wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete