Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

That is found in Matthew 18:20 and D&C 6:32.

First, it's finally summer so I have lots of goals and plans for myself, including blogging more.  So instead of starting by catching up on the past few months now I'm just going to gradually catch up by writing one topic at a time...and I have several topics lined up for later this week so I PROMISE there will not be another one or two month break after this, in fact I plan to blog again within the week (in a week at the latest).

So, for some reason I feel the need to write about this today.  The reasoning for the scripture title is that I believe in the restored church for more than the gospel and it's doctrine.  That is very very important.  There are countless churches out there that are constantly arguing over doctrine because their ambiguous bibles are not clear about it.  We are lucky enough to not have to deal with that because we have the Book of Mormon and a latter-day prophet to guide us.  However, because of the circumstances in my life, my testimony of fellowship and friendship in the church is especially strong.  There are many people in the church that have gone inactive that say, "I still believe in the church, I just don't understand why we have to meet so regularly and have so many meetings that take up so much time."  This scripture answers that question.  God wants us to meet together.  We need to meet together.  We need to love, help, and cherish each other, especially during these last days where true, friendly, and Christlike love is hard to come by.

This last move from Pasadena to Azusa was especially hard.  I really don't know why, and don't want to think about it...it just was.  I was having a very hard time and was really not myself for months after we moved.  But my new friends in the Glendora stake, in the form of seminary, saved me.  I go to seminary with all the sophomores in the stake and they have been so loving, including, and kind from the first day I went to their class.  Not only them, other kids: juniors, seniors, the girls in my ward...I don't know what I would do without them.  There is something truly special about the friendships shared in the church.  I love and need my friends outside the church as well (hey, a nonmember friend of mine was there to take me to Mormon Prom when my Mormon friends weren't ;), but I really don't know where I would be without the people I've met in this stake over the past year.  I don't know...is it weird to say that I have a testimony that I would find friends in the church no matter where I go?  Cause that's kind of what I'm feeling.  I'm just so blessed that it is that way.  That I have been blessed with new friends over and over again.  It's only been recently that I realized how much stronger this move has made me, how I've grown and changed.  How I've become more sensitive to including and loving people because of how important this love and inclusion has been to me.  I think these people that I've met are special, but I also know that these friendships wouldn't be as special if we didn't meet, pray, and love in the name of Christ every morning, mutual activity, and Sunday.  Heavenly Father's infinite blessings are just incredible.  How He manages to care for each of us and send the perfectly crafted tender mercies at the perfect times is constantly mind blowing to me, but in the end I'm just thankful for it.

This post is not what I was originally picturing, but oh well. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful you blog! It means so much to me even if I have been slow (I have a few distractions right now!!) in commenting. I want to start blogging on a regular basis also. I agree with all that you said! When we moved here 10 years agoI was so sad and not wanting to move. I loved my friends, my house that we had decorated and done some remolding on. My house looked like I had always dreamed it would. I had raised all my kids there. We lived 10 minutes from almost everything. But Heavenly Father told me to move, so I did. Danielle was crying all the time, but the one thing we said to each other when we went to church the first week was, we felt like we were"home" It was wonderful and so comforting. We found all the things you described. I also agree that that scripture is a lot of the reason why. I too stand in awe of how the Lord and our Father in Heaven direct our lives. They know just what we need and when we need it! Soooo why do we get upset when something we want, we don't get right away!!! I guess because we are mortal- dang it!! love you sooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete