Monday, December 6, 2010

All I want for Chistmas is... an E.S.?

So, I have looked back and realized that I hardly ever play or even dress up my American girl dolls. I still love the books, but I am getting too old for the dolls. I guess I have been too old for them for a while. I just haven't realized it. I always thought that is was because I don't have enough stuff to play with them or not enough room. When really, It would take an entire room of stuff for me to play with them for hours at a time. I don't mean to sound like they are horrible and a waste of time. I still love them and I am going to save them for my daughters or nieces or granddaughters (whatever works best). I just think that I shouldn't ask for AG doll stuff or buy AG doll stuff if I don't ever use them. Money could be spent on better stuff.* So I am going to pack up my dolls, dolls' clothes, doll hangers, Felicity's accessories and the bunk bed somewhere safe and save them. And give my cardboard table and closet to Anna and Gracie. I don't just want to give them away to DI or something like that. They would get ruined!

So, today we met with our new E.S. (education something? hence the blog post title haha). We joined a charter school. It is really cool. We meet every month with our E.S. and give her samples of our work and our requests for school supplies. They give us a certain amount of money that we can spend on school supplies (all I know is it is a lot). If it is consumable then it is ours, but if it is not then we have to give it back when we are finished. I hope that everything I just explained to you makes sense. So, in order to do this we might have to shorten our trip with dad a little or go there earlier. I need to come up with a present for mom. Any ideas around ten dollars. Mom, you cannot read the comments on this. I love you all!

* Grandma (or anybody) if you have already made or bought AG doll stuff for Christmas, I'm sorry. If you have I can save it to give with my dolls or you can give it to Anna or Gracie. But if you were just thinking about it then think about something else. Sorry if that sounds mean.

5 comments:

  1. That charter school sounds interesting! I'm excited for you guys! Your mother's present... that is a TOUGHY! I know she really watns an old fashioned apron like sis elkinton made her once a long time ago...i don't know if you're interested in THAT kind of project :) haha. Probably not. I dunno! Good lukc- love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't sound rude or mean at all, you're just done with that phase now. I remember when I packed up my dolls. Baby Bubbles was her name :) But I didn't want to give her up, so I put her in a box. I always collected tea sets though, I got to a point where I stopped playing with them, but I still collected them and just displayed them in my room. My friend Courtenay also collected dolls like AG, but they were smaller, and she played with them, but she also got to the point where she didn't want to play with them anymore- so she put them on a shelf and they lined the whole room, it looked really cool. SO, if you don't want to put them away, but don't want to play with them anymore, you cuold always just display them, BUT- if you want to have a different style in yoru decor I totally understand. To be honest, it makes me sad! That you are now old enough to stop playing with dolls! But, you're right, you are almost 13, in one year you will be going to dances! Then next year driving, then next year dating! I can't believe how fast you are growing up. I love you so much. You have grown into such a BEAUTIFUL woman. At the reunion I just cuoldnt' believe how much older you looked, and hwo beautiful you looked. I LOVE your hair and the way you fix it, you have really great hair, and you do your makeup perfectly, not too much not too little, just the right amount and colors, I love it. I'm so happy for you that you are such a wodnerufl woman. love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I am just reading this. I thought I checked the blogs this last week, but obviously I didn't!!! I think you are realizing you are growing up! that happens. You might want to give your mom a gift certificate for a book for her kindle. You probably have figured that out by now. I got you something totally different for Christmas. I will probably have to mail it to your Dad's I waited too long to mail it to your house. Well, it is late! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is wonderful that you are growing up, although it is hard for me to accept that you are really going to be 13 on your next b-day. WOW!!! Hard to believe, I remember so many fun things about you when you were small and it seems like only a little while ago. However time flies for poppi and I and the older we get the faster it goes. I remember when I was your age, it seemed to drag along on a slow pace, and I thought I would never reach 13. Time changes things for us. I love you so very much and I hope your Christmas is fun. The charter school sounds intersting, and I hope it works well for you all. I haven't a clue what you can get your mom, but it sounds like your grandma had a good idea. There are always gift cards for the movies and places where she likes to have lunch also. Whatever you get for her she will love it, because you gave it to her. Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so grown up. I love it. You are so mature and beautiful and wise and kind and thoughtful. You are amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete