Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our Christmas Eve Party with Mom

Last night we had our first Christmas Eve party (our pretend Christmas with mom) with Lizzie and Steve. We had home made roll sandwiches with meat. Then we opened presents. The kids exchanged gifts. Lizzie and Mom did. Mom gave Steve a present and Shad didn't want a present, I guess. Then we acted out the nativity. I got a little frustrated in the middle because Kate was talking, but it was fun. Then we had carmel, fudge, egg nog and some cookie mom made while we watched Small One. It was all so fun. Elle was so adorable. She was looking around and gasping and clapping her hands and giggling. It made me think that it would be fun to be able to remember our first Christmas's. After Lizzie and Shad left we opened our presents from mom and the person who drew our name. I got and sweater from Gracie and...

Well, you all already know, but now I do, too! I got a cricut! I am so excited. I have a 12" by 6" cricut, the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and two different little pads of card stock. All mine! I am so excited! I can't wait to start using it. I'll have Diane teach me how when we go to my dad's. I have been wanting a cricut ever since I figured out what it really was. When Amy started talking about it I was like, "What? Cut paper? A lot of buttons?" But then she posted pictures and sent me cards she made using the cricut. Then I totally wanted one! Diane had a friend who sold cricuts so I thought Anna and I could combine our money and buy one that was on sale. Then Diane's friend gave her one for her wedding. I was way excited. So, I thought, "I don't need one now. I can use this." But then I thought, "But I won't have it at mom's house. It won't be my own." I finally decided that I wouldn't use my money to buy a cricut, but I still really wanted my own. Now I have my own and I didn't have to spend a cent. I can't believe it's mine! I can take it anywhere I want. When I go to college it goes, too (hopefully it will last that long)! Now I can make cards and paper dolls and vinyl lettering for the wall! I am so excited! Can you tell I'm excited? Before I got to open it, when we went to see our E.S., she came with us to our car and mom opened the trunk. With me in front mom showed her my present. The look on her face was like, "Will she like this?" Well, now everyone knows that I do! AAAAAAAAAAAAA! I do! I hope everyone else likes their Christmas presents as much as I do! Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I knew you'd be so happy! Sounds like suuuuuuuuch a fun night. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!!! I think you will have hours and hours of fun! I loved the sounds of your Christmas Eve, your mom didn't mention Elle's reaction, thanks for sharing that! I love and miss you very much! My presents will go to your dads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu are going to love it so much! And I just sent you a great video of how to use vynyl sticker paper and transfer paper- WATCH IT. thanks for posting about teh christmas eve night- it sounded so fun. Sorry Kate talked too much! Elle is so precious. love you!!!! so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow Aliese, I have missed so many of your posts! I'm sorry! My life has been stressful and I've hardly blogged at all. I just caught up on all your blog. It's good to hear how you're doing. I loved your chaos post. That is great you got a cricket. So cool. Can't wait to see the projects you make! Love you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you. AND excited to see what you will make with it! You'll have to teach ME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a fun Christmas so far, you have to post about the rest. I am grateful that you post as I get to catch up with all of the things you are doing. I think Elle is so precious, and of course I love Kate too, she is a busy one though. I have a lot of scrap-booking stuff that you can have when you come this way again. I spent a lot of money one year when I thought I would do it, but alas I don't think I ever will. So it may as well get used. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete