Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tanner (6), Kate (4), and Elle (about 16 months)

Okay, Mom just took out some banana chocolate muffins, and they are really smellin' good, but I will try to stay focused. They taste better cold, anyway. Anyway, Tanner, Kate, and Elle are here for the weekend, while Lizzie and Shad are out on their own for a bit. So far, it has been so fun. Don't get me wrong at all, I love Tanner and Kate and I have gotten several kicks out of them, but Elle is just the funniest and most precious thing ever. Since Lizzie can't do it, I might as well write a list about them for you all. Let's see if I'm as good at it as Lizzie.

~ Tanner really likes to say, "I don't know." He is very intelligent, and I'm sure that a lot of the time he says that he really does know. It's really cute, though.

~ He is so good. He has been very good about eating the fruits and vegetables at meals, cleaning up, and playing with everyone.

~ He is very creative. He loves loves to do art. He says he wants to be an artist when he grows up.

~ He gets so hyper when he's excited. We had donuts for breakfast this morning, and when he found out he was jumping around the room. When we finally got the donuts and he settled down Gracie was crying because he had bumped into her.

~ Kate loves our barbies. She will just sit in her own little world and play and sing. She sings so softly that all of the other sounds in the room always drown out her voice, but she doesn't care.

~ She likes to wear make-up. She's not allowed, but she wants to be. I was putting on some lip smackers and Kate looked at me and said, "I want to wear make-up." So, I put some on her. It looked very pretty.

~ She loves her stuffed dog, Stew, and her dog purse, Dog Purse. I remember a long time ago we were at her house, and we were playing doctor. She brought in Stew and Dog Purse as patients and when we asked for the names of them she said, "Uh, Dog Purse." It sounded so funny. She even brought them in her suitcase here. I don't think she's touched them, though.

~ She likes to have her back scratched. She's smart.

Now, Elle seems to do a lot more that I can write about. So, there's probably going to be more than four for her. :)

~ Elle likes to do what Tanner does. He snorts all the time and at a meal yesterday she was sitting in my mom's lap and she started making these gagging sounds. There was no food in her mouth. You could tell she was trying to snort. It was so funny. Even she started laughing. They have played with dominoes several times and Elle started gently tapping them together. She was trying to stack them like Tanner! It was so cute.

~ It's funny that we say that babies don't talk. Elle talks all the time! Sure, it's not real words so we can't understand, but in a way, it's a language. She talks just as much as we do. She likes saying, "Baaa! Yeah, yeah, yuh." And stuff like that. She really likes the sound "aaaa." She says it more than anything else.

~ When she's excited she starts panting and she sticks her tongue out. It's kinda like a dog.

~ Her smile with her teeth is adorable. She laughs all the time, too. I guess saying it's cute doesn't give you an image, but it's true.

~ She's very dainty. She has very small and dainty hands and for the most part, uses them really daintily. Unless, of course, she gets really excited and bangs them on the table.

~ She is the saddest sight when she is really truly crying. Like any other kid, she sometimes just whines, but when she is really sad about something it is so sad. It makes you want to scoop her in your arms and just comfort her.

~ She is now down for a nap and just talking to herself. She's just making these sounds. Sometimes she shrieks them even though she doesn't sound upset.

~ She is getting pretty. Not just cute, but pretty. Her hair is getting longer and lighter. Now, you can put her bangs in a little ponytail and have it droop like most ponytails do instead of have it stick straight out. Lizzie put it in a little bun for a while to prevent that from happening.

~ When she waves, she waves backwards. She waves at herself. It is so cute. She can also blow kisses. She'll smash her hand up against her lips and then shoot her whole arm out. It is also, very cute. :)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of any right now.

I'm great. I'm tired, but great. I'm excited to move, I'm excited for school to be over, I'm excited to see everyone. Aside from this particular weekend, nothing is really happening right now and I am just looking forward to the future. I know that's no way to live a life. Don't worry. I still get up every morning, do school and live. I'm just excited for the future. I can't wait to see you all! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a fun post! I had a smile on my face the whole time! When you described Kate asking for makeup, and you putting some lipsmackers on her, it gave me a flashback to you being little! When you were little, you would come up to me when I did my makeup, and ask "can I have some?" It was so cute, and ofcourse I could never resist giving you some lipgloss :) I can't believe you are already in that stage that I was at, with your neices now! Tanner is such a good boy, I am always so impressed with him, and I love how excited he gets about everything, it's liek Christmas everyday. Elle- loved the stories about her, I love how she loves Tanner so much. And ofcourse she was sitting on your mom's lap:) Where else would she be? ha. Love you- thanks for posting! And I'm so excited for the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful writer and I could see the kids and how cute they are. I loved the post. Thank you for posting about them. I think it must be that Elle relates to Tanner, problably because, he isn't as tall as an adult and plays also. I love you so much

    ReplyDelete