Sunday, May 22, 2011

Very Eventful Weekend

So, as I said in my last post, Tanner, Kate, and Elle were with us this weekend. When I posted nothing had really happened, yet. Since then a lot has happened.

Kate refused to eat lunch yesterday. She just didn't eat anything, and then about an hour after she started complaining that her stomach hurt. So, of course Mom said, "Kate, it's because you didn't eat any lunch." and then Kate said, "No! I not hungry!" We went to the park because we all had a case of cabin fever. Kate just stayed in the shade, and sat the whole time. When we came back she complained again, and then she laid down and cried. Eventually, she fell asleep and was out for at least and hour. Then, right when Mom went in her bedroom to take a nap Kate threw up. I won't dwell on that. I'll just say she threw up a few more times during the day and once in the middle of the night. One time Mom had gone to the store really fast and I was babysitting. I handled it well I am proud to say.

Elle wasn't too good either. She refused to sleep. She took a morning nap and woke up with scratches all over her legs, but after that she wouldn't sleep. Her diaper was fresh, we tried to feed her, we even gave her some melatonin last night. She just wouldn't sleep. She was fine if she was up and we were with her. She wouldn't cry, but she was still tired and needed to sleep. Mom says that she didn't sleep at all last night. I felt so bad for Mom. Today, she slept a bit this morning. This afternoon she got hives. She had shots on Thursday and Mom says that's why she got hives. Mom managed to give her some allergy medicine, and then she took a long nap. I'm so glad. Lizzie and Shad came back right after that. Kate didn't throw up today and I think she's mostly better. Maybe still a little weak, but she ate some and kept it down.

Oh yeah, on top of Elle and Kate, the microwave broke this morning. I don't know why, I don't know how, but it did. So, there you go. It was still very fun, but I must ask... are you jealous?

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when kids throw up, it is so hard for them and us. Kate couldn't find the words to say she wasn't feeling well, and just didn't eat. Man how will you live without a microwave, I use mine all of the time. I am glad Kate got better before they got home. Now if only Elle doesn;t get sick. How is the wedding coming? I love you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah- your mom told me all about it- oh man- SO much happened in one little visit- haha. love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..... I am not jealous!!!! I hate throw up. I have cleaned up plenty of it in my life and many of those times in the middle of the night! Not Fun!! The managers have to replace the microwave, have they done it yet!!?? I can't imagine not having a microwave. Kate's experience is a good example of not judging. I thought at first she was being a pill and now we see she didn't feel good. Well, as horrible as it was for you guys, I am glad Lizzie and Shad got a break from all of that. They need it. I am proud of you too! I love you and can't wait to see you!! love you!

    ReplyDelete