Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas This Year

I took some pictures of all us while we were making paper chains and planned to post about it and Christmas so far this year. Well.. we are at Lizzie's now, I forgot my camera so I can't post pictures or take any new ones. I just forgot to bring it. I'm sure that Lizzie will provide enough pictures, though. So, I guess I'll just write. It's been so weird to not have snow for Christmas. Last year we were at my dad's so we still had it, but this year in California we have obviously not gotten any snow. I know it sounds weird and you are totally thinking, "Snow shouldn't make a difference." But it seriously does. That's what we have always had (minus the few years in Oregon that I don't remember). So, suddenly to not have it is really strange. All month I've had to remind myself that it's Christmas. It just hasn't felt like it. It has also been kinda stressful for a few weeks because Mom was in charge of the ward Christmas party and when Mom's stressed out we all are (a bit) and that same week I was having a party with my friends from WISH and then the Sunday after the Friday of the ward party the choir was singing a bunch of songs and I was singing in a quartet that turned out to need an extra soprano because my voice isn't loud and strong enough to be heard over the other parts. It was me with four adults. I don't really think that my small voice made much of a difference, but it was fun. So, that was all last week. This week I have been concentrating on presents, writing a Christmas story that Mom assigned us to write for school and not to mention a lot of reading. There are a lot of books on my shelf that I have not read. Most of them are from Dad from Christmas last year and coincidently they are all except one rewritten fairytales. I liked them all but I especially loved two. One was called Palace of Mirrors and the other My Fair Godmother. Both of them were great stories and well written, but what I lioved more than anything was the characters. I need to connect with the characters in order to like a book. That is like the most important thing to me in a book. I've read books that are great, but I don't really like the characters so I don't really like the book. Do any of you feel that way? Am I weird? So, anyway, I've whizzed through five books this month all while waiting for a certain book to come to the library. Well now it came and I am sad to be done reading all of the fairytales. I liked it.

Well, I know it's not much, but I'm gonna go now. If I don't write before Christmas... Merry Christmas!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is Nonnie using Sharon's computer, and I love the blog. I think it is great that you have to connect with the people in the book as I have to totally do that or I really don't love the book. I understand about the snow, Poppi and I spent our first 2 Christmases in Alaska and there was a lot of snow and we both got really used to it. We also were in UT for a 3 year span so we got used to a white Christmas again, I understand about snow at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is me still for some reason the the computer froze on me and I couldn't write anymore, and I wanted to tell you that I love you and wish you Merry Christmas Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, those books sound way fun! Sounds like you guys have had a busy time. You know what? Idaho has BARELY snowed this year. It snowed a FEW days before Christmas, then melted again, then snowed the other day. That's pretty much it. Seriously! It's really strange. That's so crazy you sang in a quartet! How fun! I like all this posting :) Keep it up- love you!

    ReplyDelete