Monday, November 21, 2011

I love Harry Potter through and through.

A.k.a. as 'The Boy Who Lived' and 'The Chosen One.' Sigh. I just love him. I love Hermione and Ron and Luna and Ginny and Neville and Dumbledore and Sirius and Mrs. Weasley and Professor McGonagall. I love Snape too, but not as much because I have not gotten to the 7th book for the 2nd time yet, but I'm sure I will love him again. I just love them all. I love the magic. The love. The lessons. Just the thought of it all. I feel like I'm talking about Disneyland. I always say, "I just love the atmosphere of it." That's what it's like with Harry Potter. It's just the thought of it. Reading it all again has made me fall in love all over again (not all of them. I just finished the 6th one). I love all the details. How everything matters. How Harry ALWAYS puts himself before others (there are tears in my eyes). How Ron and Hermione are always on his side and with him and how he cares about them so much. How Ginny never gave up on him and how she always loved him even when he didn't like her at first. How Dumbledore trusts everyone and forgives everyone. He reminds of the Savior in a way. How Harry is so sad when he dies and how he always obeyed Dumbledore's orders. I love how he said he's "Dumbledore's man through and through." I love it all. I could just keep going and going and going. I love the books and stories and adventures, but I really love the characters. I know them. They are my best friends. I love books like that. Some books I just can't seem to get to know and love the characters so I don't really like the book, but with Harry Potter you really get to know the characters. I love that. My mom said that Des emailed her about something that the Snape actor said asking if she thought he really said it. He said that when he is old and gray sitting in a chair reading Harry Potter someone will ask him, "After all this time...." and he will say, "Always." Oh, I love that! I feel so sorry for those who don't read Harry Potter, either for religious reasons or just because. I just can't imagine my life without Harry Potter. Without watching the movies. Without seeing the books on the shelf (soon to be my shelf. I'm asking for the series for my birthday). I just can't imagine. I remember when everyone was into the Percy Jackson series and everyone was saying it's better than Harry Potter. For so long I refused to read the Percy Jackson series because I refused to be disloyal to Harry. I was not going to like Percy Jackson better or even read it. Eventually I broke down and read it, but it's not as good as Harry Potter. Nothing could ever be as good. Dakota (my cousin. You know that right?) didn't read Harry Potter for so long. I don't know why, but when we came to Idaho this time Kate told me that Dakota was on the 4th book. I asked Dakota about it and she said she was. I hugged her and told her how happy I was for her. As if she had won something great. I asked her if she thought Percy Jackson or Harry Potter was better and she said, "I love Percy Jackson-" I started to say, "I am so dis-" "But I think Harry Potter's better." I hugged her again. :)

Thank you family for being fans of Harry Potter with me. I love you all, Harry, too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You make me want to read the books all over again. I have read most of them about 4 times, and the last 3 2 times. I love them also, and I don't think there will ever be another story like it. The writing is amazing and I agree, the characters very special! I miss and love you!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I love this. I agree with my whole heart! I always have said I wish I could go to hogwarts. Such a magical place :) The books are so symbolic and full of love and loyalty and friendship. So so good.

    ReplyDelete