Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho. The actual Thanksgiving meal was nice and quiet. I have found a new love for pumpkin pie and my grandma's sweet potatoes. :) Mmmmmm. All morning before the early dinner we played charades. At first we just did what we thought of but then we thought of a theme. The theme was Christmas songs. It was super fun! Some were really hard and some were pretty easy. After dinner everyone (the adults) took naps, then the rest of the family started coming over. I was in a room in the back when everyone came and when I came out it was too crowded for me, so I took refuge in my room and read Harry Potter. Eventually I got dragged back out and I stayed out a bit, but then went right back to my room. So, I spent Thanksgiving with Harry, Ron and Hermione. It was very nice. I've never been a huge fan of the bug Leslie get-togethers. I always feel out of place. I don't remember what I did when we lived in the yellow house. Mom says she just went home a lot of the time, but since this time I had no where else to go my room with Harry party worked just fine.

Let's see, I'm more than half way through the 7th Harry Potter. It makes me sad. I have loved reading them again and am sad for it to end. I want to keep reading, but I don't want to finish it! It's the first time all over again. I'm making myself feel better by telling myself that it will not be the last time I read them and that I can watch the movies even after I finish the books. I forgot how depressing this book is. It's just so.... I don't know. They're looking for horcruxes and don't know where to go. And then it's just worse when Ron leaves and it's so sad that Ron was upset they didn't want him back when all along they wanted him so bad. Uhhhh. Sigh. Oh well. It will end good. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Love you!

4 comments:

  1. Such good books. I'm glad you had them to escape Thanksgiving a bit. I can totally relate. Big family get togethers overwhelm me a bit too. I always find myself needing to escape apart of it as well. I love you. Glad you got some good food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about it being sad that they are almost over! I love the Harry books and I wish there were more! But it has to end. Like you say, we can always read them again! Your Grandpa doesn't like large groups either, he hides in his office :-) Trying new foods again, good for you!! love and miss you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,just want you to know I read and enjoy your posts. I am glad you enjoy reading. It's an enjoyment that I never personally acquired much of. I'm glad you like reading because it will make you smart. Take care my beautiful oldest grandchild.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I don't love big gatherings either. They are so stressful! I love harry potter! It makes me so happy watching you love them as well. There will never be a series like them again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete