Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know I am the first on to say it but...

I am so tired of TV! I bet I am the first kid on earth to say that. I get up and Anna or Gracie has already put on a movie or Little House. So, I sit down and watch it with them. During the movie I get starving and try to ignore it. When the movie is over I get up and get toast. Today I microwaved the french toast sticks mom bought yesterday. Then we put on another movie while we eat our breakfast. If we watched a movie first then we watch Little House the rest of the time. About when we are almost done with the first Little House mom gets home from the gym and joins in the watching. TV is such a waste of time. It makes you feel sick and makes the world seem even more boring then it was before you turned it on. Not to mention make you feel useless and ugly. Everyone on TV looks so beautiful because of the makeup and everything. We all know that but still feel ugly because they look so pretty. And the show obviously has to be exciting so they write an exciting funny story that never gets boring. It makes life feels so boring. There are no storms or weddings or ball games or thieves in town so everyone stays in the one place that is being robbed to catch them! The people of Walnut Grove are always together and they are never bored. They don't have electricity so they don't laze around like we do. They get up and do something. I remember when mom used to have all day cook days we would watch TV all day long. At the end of the day I remember the worst headaches.

There are things I have gotten tired of that I thought I could never get tired of. TV and restaurants. When we lived in Ammon we did not have a dishwasher so mom took us out to eat a lot. I got so tired of it. Now she just buys us frozen food from Sam's for dinner. I feel so bad for when mom cooked all those homemade meals and I wouldn't eat them because I didn't LIKE it. At least I HAD it. I know this is bad to say. Mom is a great mom and I don't know if I would do any better than she is if I were the mom, but I can't help it. I guess I will go out and read the scriptures now. They will help me feel better. I love you all! And Grandma if you are reading this you need to post pictures of those plants that are testing the microwave. Love you!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Aliese, I think you are the first kid to say that. I have an idea, you are old enough to cook and it would do several things for you, you would have good food to eat, you would feel a sense of accomplishment, and you would be serving your family. All of those things make us feel good about ourselves. So get out your moms cookbook that she made, pick out some recipes, look for the ingredients, write down the ones you don't have and ask your mom to buy the things you need. You are a very smart girl, and can probably cook far better than you realize. It would be fun. I put the flowers out side that were in the microwave, if they are still okay I will take a pic of them, they were all identical at the end! love and miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah- definitely the first kid to say that! But...you're not really a kid anymore. But still, very unique point of view. But I totally know what you mean. After I watch tv all day, I'm like- UGH why did I do that? I don't feel relaxed, accomplished, or anything! I think my mom had a great idea- you should cook! I bet you'd do great! I love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok- my mom is brilliant, because you would be such a good cook! You know why? Because you are a perfectionist. And the reason people don't cook well, is because they don't follow hte recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why people don't understand this concept! But that's why my cookies taste good, and theirs don't! And you would follow the recipe! So cookiing would be a perfect hobby for you! TV: I watch tv at night, thankgoodness I don't in the day- unless I'm eating, for me, it helps to have a distraction when I eat, so i watch Gilmore Girls durring breakfast and lunch (when I'm by myself) But the evening is when I get addicted to the tv!!! American Idol, Bachelor, and now- Mike has got me addicted to Wipe Out- it's a crazy show where people complete obstacle courses, and Mike thinks it's hilarious because they fall off things and land in mud, or get hit by balls- and I think it's funny to watch Mike laugh his head off. haha. So that has been added to our list of shows now! Thankgoodness it's an evening thing- and not an all day thing. BUT- when I was on chemo and couldn't do anything, that's all I could do, and it drove me crazy! I was so sick of movies and tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it's all I coudl do! You shoudl make a quilt, that woudl take up alot of your time also. The sewing it part, and quilting it part. You coudl even quilt floewr designs on it. I could tell you about it on the phone if you want. love you-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your grandma is right on point and you should learn to cook. It isn't hard and there are a lot of things that are really easy. I know what you mean about TV, I am not addicted to it and watch very little so if I do watch it, it is something I CHOOSE to do. It can get very BORING and it does waste your time and a good book is much better and at least you learn something even if it is a fiction. I think to quilt would be fun, and to just learn to sew simple things would be a fun thing to do. Just use your mom's sewing machine and I bet Danielle would teach you. Just go into the kitchen and make some french toast, it is very easy. You just beat up some eggs and use 3 tablespoons of milk for each egg add a few drops of vanilla and beat that in add 1 teaspoon full of sugar for each egg and soak the bread in it until it is coated on both sides with the egg mixture and put in a fry pan on med low heat and cook about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. If you like cinnimon, sprinkle a small amount on one side before you turn it over with the spatular, and be sure to spray the pan well or the grill or whatever you are using. An electric skillet is good. I can send you some simple recipes if you need some. Tacos are easy and most pasta dishes are simple. Just look in your mom's cookbook and then if you have questions call me or your grandma if Danielle isn't available. I love you very much. PS pancakes are easy also and so are grilled cheese sandwiches. Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, tv's not the best way to spend time. I think it's fine if it's LIMITED, but not for hours and hours or even everyday for a little bit. If it makes you depressed and feel ugly than I would definitely stop watching it if I were you. The thing about life being boring though- is it isn't. It's only boring because you're just sitting there, but if you wait long enough you'll get up and do something or someone will say something and before you know if life is interesting again! It's true. Life is boring when Greg and I watch tv too much and then we turn it off and think, "This is boring, let's watch something." But if we wait long enough, we'll get in a great conversation that is way better than tv. You just have to give it a little time. A Aliese, you DO have a wedding coming in your life soon! Exciting things DO happen!!!! Don't forget!

    ReplyDelete