Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Growin' Up

At the reunion everyone kept saying, "Aliese, you are so old!" I am not OLD, but I am OLDER. I mean, I am turning 13 year old next week! I can't believe that it is really that soon. Never has my birthday crept up on me like that. Usually I like, count down, but this year I haven't done anything. I can't believe it.

So, the rule in our home for parties is that we can either have a party with friends or we can go out to dinner with the family and bring a friend. We can always have a family party. Last year I had a sledding party with friends and had Danielle and Clay over for dinner and cake. So, this year I thought I would take my good friend Chelsie out to dinner and have a family party with Lizzie (maybe). Then my Mom says, "Well, you could have a character breakfast at Disneyland for your birthday." Great, Mom. Another choice. I know I sound really selfish having such a hard time choosing what to do for my birthday, but this is once a year and I am going to be a teenager this year. I think I want a chocolate moose pie or the ice cream cake that Shad really likes. The one that Tanner had for his birthday.

This is like the first year that I really haven't asked for any toys or something silly. Last year my big "want" was for a dress in the style from the time of Anne of Green Gables. My Mom couldn't find one and had to make one. It didn't last very long. I tried to put it on the other day and it almost choked me to the death! Thanks Mom. I loved it while it lasted. This year I have asked for clothes, jewelry, books, cricut stuff (if you would use that much money on me) and whatever anyone can think of. I don't have a big "want" like I usually do for birthdays and Christmas. This Christmas I asked for the same things minus the cricut stuff. All though I did get a big thing that I didn't even think about asking for. Face it, I'm growin' up. For my Dad's wedding I got a pair of high heels to wear. My Dad said, "Aliese, I am going to have to tell you that you have to stop growing." I replied, "I'm sorry, Dad. I am going to have to break a commandment because I cannot obey that." I can't.

But really, I will always be a little girl. I remind myself of an old babysitter. She also played barbies into her teenage years. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you to be growing up and loving it. It is one of the most difficult things I think being a teenager, but I think you will do it with grace and dignity. You have always been more on the mature side, even when you were small. Happy early b-day and I hope you have lots of fun doing whatever you choose to do. Hugs and kisses and I love you so much you beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to your barbie comment: Or, you could be a 26 yr old, and help your sister move to california, and move her children's barbies into their room, and start playing with them and dressing them up :) hehe.

    It is so wierd going through that phase, the "not little" phase anymore :) But that is for sure- you are NOT a child anymore! You are so mature, so beautiful, so good at putting on makeup, so cute, and so smart- and REALLY responsible. You are NOT a child! I hope you get everything you ask for for your birthday- because you deserve the best birthday! And ... if it were me.... character breakfast all the way! but- then again- you get to go to d-land all the time ;) unlike myself. So maybe it would be more fun to go out to dinner with a friend. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.......you are growing up fast- but you have seemed mature beyond your years for a while now. I was really taken back at the reunion how beautiful you've gotten and you're just not little girlish anymore! I hope you have a fun birthday!!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. growing up is weird. I still think it is weird. That is a lot of choices for you b-day. Ours was pretty simple. I hope you have a great day tomorrow! love you!

    ReplyDelete