Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Thanks, Mom."

I can now say in all seriousness and truthfulness that I love Joanns. I went the other day because I had talked to Amy and she said that there were some paper sales. I went because I needed more colors of paper. I went prepared to buy black, skin color and brown. When I got there I wanted to stop and stare at the stuff that they had on every single isle. Not going to happen. We were in a hurry so we ran to the back corner to see all of the many many many papers they have. I am not kidding. I felt like I could stay there all day. Again, not going to happen. So, I went to where the Martin Luther King sale was. 6 pieces of paper for 96 cents. Yeah, sounds like a pretty good deal and it was. Then my mom called out, "Look. There are packs of 50 pieces of paper for $3.99 that are 40% off." I was like, that sounds really good, but I don't need all that paper. I came for black and brown and skin color. I figured I could get 2 pieces of each, use it to make my dad's birthday card and save the rest. I was tempted, but turned back to the other sale. "This is a better deal if you actually use the paper," My mom said. So, I turn back then turn around again. When I look at all of the millions of paper, kinda taking my time my mom says, "Look there are big packets of paper in primary colors. You don't have primary colors!" No, mom, I am looking at these. Eventually mom goes to a different isle and leaves me to the many temptations. I had a lot of money. It was all divided up into the different sections of my budget and I was staying in the limit. But they are sales. Sales don't stay 24/7. I looked at the paper that was 40% off. At $3.99 they go down to $2.30 something a packet for 50 sheets of cardstock. There is a packet of 30 sheets of black and white, primary colors, naturals, brights. Really cool. So, I decided to get the black and white, naturals and primary colors. I felt good and I had enough money.

Anna needed to go to Barnes and Noble and get a Harry Potter book mark for my dad for his birthday. We got in the car and my mom says, "You should probably get some files to keep those in like Amy has." Thanks. Are you trying to make me spend all of my money? "Amy did say that she saw some in the dollar section at Target." I said. "A few stores down from Barnes and Noble there's a Target." my mom said. Well... I guess. I do need something to keep my papers in. "What size?" I asked. "You should probably get a few different sizes." Really? So, she dropped me off at Target and they left. I went inside to the dollar section and saw the folders. There were small, medium and large sizes. I have little paper scraps at home that are loose. I just bought some 8" by 11". So, I looked at the different colors and sections and bought a medium and large.

I went to Joanns to buy 2 pieces each of black, brown and skin color paper and leave with primary colors, black and white, naturals paper and two files from to store them in. Thanks to you, mom. Thanks a lot. If it weren't for you I would only have spent like, a buck, but I wouldn't have so many colors or a place to put them. Thank you. Really.

5 comments:

  1. I think that is awesome, just think when all of the b-days come this year, not to mention Valentine's, Christmas, Easter and etc you will be prepared to do whatever you want to. A long time ago I bought a LOT of flannel at Joanne's when it was .99 cents a yard and I haven't bought any since and I have made a lot blankets for gifts and spent no money. Getting thin now though, I made the last of the fabrics for girls I had the other day, so now I have to buy more. Oh well I save a lot so now I need to watch for a good sale. I love you lots and tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- sounds like me. I always go to the store, and come home with MORE than I intended :) I'm so glad you were able to get such GREAT deals, and the folders to organize them in. I am going to look up the file organization I was talking about- and send you a pic in email. love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha- sounds great! Like Amy said- that always happens. Go to Joanns and come out with mroe than you went in for. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with the other comments. and welcome to being a girl. i think that's what all of us do. go into a store intending to buy 1-2 items, and come out with more. it's always so tempting because of "good deals".

    = )

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous! I never get to go to JoAnnes. So I ALWAYS come out with more than I plan. You will be sooooooo glad you have all those papers! How cool it will be to have them for last minute things. Love your writing. It was great!!! Hope you keep writing. love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete