Sunday, January 30, 2011

DI Service Project

So, just so we are clear, I love to sleep in. I don't like to wake up early and I am not good at it. Since the new year our church has been at 9:00 a.m. For school we have a scheduele so I have to wake up early on school days, too. That leaves only Saturday to sleep in. Well, guess what I did on Saturday. I had to wake up early and be at the church at 8:30 in the morning. They had breakfast for us there (donuts!) so I didn't have to worry about that, but I still didn't get to sleep in. We left to go to DI (we do have one :) to volunteer. It was really fun. I was put in the knick-knack section with a leader and another beehive. Each thing had a sticker with a number on it. If the sticker had the numbers 3, 4 or 5 on it it stayed. If it had the numbers 1, 2 or 50 than it got put in the cart and later thrown away. When the cart was full we took it to the ginormous garbage bin and threw them away. We had to throw them in so they broke. It was so sad to just throw away so many nice things. But that's how they do it. After that we went back and put all of the new stuff on the same shelves. Then we were called to help with lunch. I broke apart the lettuce. All though, I wasted a lot because a lot of it fell on the floor because the bowl was too small. When we did all we could with lunch we went back and hung clothes. Finally when lunch was ready we ate and went home. When I got home my whole family was still lazing around and waking up and it was 12:30! Oh, well, I guess I probably wouldn't have been up and around anyway if I didn't do that project. :)

5 comments:

  1. I am also very bad at getting up in the morning. I hate how they throw those things away. I mean, why coudln't you guys keep it if you wanted any of it? so stupid. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is stupid to throw all of those things away. Such a waste! I am with you I hate to get up and I try to never have to, but it happens. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a great project. I am glad you went!! It is good to serve! I don't really like to sleep in. I am at my best in the morning, so I would rather go to bed early and get up early. Of course you couldn't tell that by this comment seeing as it is 11:27 pm! Oh well, I said that is what I like to do! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't know they threw stuff away! I guess if no one buys it, why keep it around to clutter the shelves. That's a cool service project. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aliese!!! I keep checking your blog to see if you have written about your birthday yet! I want to hear all about it- I heard you got lots of cricut stuff- are you loving it?!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete